step by step help for unit SHC 32 engage in personal development
Hi, do you have, or can you request a copy of your job description, roles and responsibilities?
The information that contains will help you to see what your setting and role expects of you and also enable you to match it all to the national occupational standards - NOS - level 3 national occupational standards for children's care learning and development.
A level 3 handbook will also support what you need to do for this criteria:
http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16449For the Level 2 standards please see this page of CWDC
Two Codes of Practice:
Special educational needs code of practice
Early years and Childcare Code of practice
EYMP 4 professional practice in early years settings
The common core of skills and knowledge
The Sector values and principles
The standards of England's eyfs
hope to ensure the 5 outcomes of ECM - every child matters(Children's act 2004) are the focus for children's achievements.
The standards of other home nation frameworks or policies if looking at them from a Local Authority perspective, also support settings in also accomplishing the positive outcomes of ECM for their children
eg. NI's foundation stage & Wales' Foundation phase.
Scotland's Pre-birth to 3 & curriculum for excellence is built on Getting it right for every child 2011 in contrast to ECM.
For performance, take a look at the following titles/standards and as you read each one ask yourself 'Am I expected to ...
- CCLD 301 Develop and promote positive relationships?
- CCLD 302 Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure environment for children?
The health and safety at work act 1974 require settings to consider what's happening in their workplace and to ensure everything complies with the act's regulations
- CCLD 303 'Do I .... Promote children’s development?
- CCLD 304 Reflect on and develop practice
- CCLD 305 Protect and promote children’s rights
Confusion arises when each of the NOS unit pdfs are opened and the full extent of what a standard involves is seen. The way the content inside each unit pdf is laid out is to inform the Level 3 NVQ CCLD qualification.
The first five unit titles/standards - the ones above 301-305
are core units, mandatory for NVQ 3 learners where an additional 4 optional units are then also chosen, these would be relevant to a learner's role, responsibilities or possibly interests - 2 would be choosen from group 1 upto and including unit 313
and a further 2 from group 2 all the remaining units
For the diploma you can continue to ask how your role expects you to
- CCLD 306 Plan and organise environments for children and families
- CCLD 307 Promote the health and physical development of children
- CCLD 308 Promote children’s well-being and resilience
- CCLD 309 Plan and implement curriculum frameworks for early education
- CCLD 310 Assess children's progress according to curriculum frameworks for early education
- CCLD 311 Provide leadership for your team
- CCLD 312 Plan and implement positive environments for babies and children under 3 years
- CCLD 313 Support early intervention for the benefit of children and families
- CCLD 314 Provide physical care that promotes the health and development of babies and children under 3 years
- CCLD 315 Contribute to supporting parents with literacy, numeracy and language needs
- CCLD 316 Maintain and develop a childminding business
- CCLD 317 Work with families to enhance their children’s learning and development
- CCLD 318 Plan for and support self-directed play
- CCLD 319 Promote healthy living for children and families
- CCLD 320 Care for children at home
- CCLD 321 Support children with disabilities or special educational needs and their families
- CCLD 322 Empower families through the development of parenting skills
- CCLD 323 Use Information and Communication Technology to support children’s early learning
- CCLD 324 Support the delivery of community based services to children and families
- CCLD 325 Support the child or young person’s successful transfer and transition in learning and development contexts
- CCLD 326 Safeguard children from harm
- CCLD 327 Support children who have experienced trauma
- CCLD 328 Administer provision within the childcare setting
- CCLD 329 Work with a Management Committee
- CCLD 330 Establish and maintain a service for children and families
- CCLD 331 Support children and families through home visiting
- CCLD 332 Involve families in the childcare setting
- CCLD 333 Recruit, select and keep colleagues
- CCLD 334 Deliver services to children and families whose preferred language is not English
- CCLD 335 Allocate and check work in your team
- CCLD 336 Contribute to childcare practice in group living
- CCLD 337 Create environments that promote positive behaviour
- CCLD 338 Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- CCLD 339 Co-ordinate special educational needs in early education settings
- CCLD 340 Establish, develop and promote quality systems and procedures for the delivery of
- CCLD 341 Advise and mentor those implementing quality systems and procedures for the
delivery of childcare services
- CCLD 342 Meet regulatory requirements in the childcare setting
- CCLD 343 Support learners by mentoring in the work place
- CCLD 344 Enable individual learning through coaching
- CCLD 345 Help pupils to develop their literacy skills
- CCLD 346 Help pupils to develop their numeracy skills
You may find some of these standards do not reflect your role, duties and responsibilities and is possibly where the selection of a learner's NVQ 'optional units is more appropriate.
Draw links between these NOS and the standards of your home nation's ey's framework by getting to know your framework. The 4 home nation
countries of the UK have individual frameworks for early childhood ..
2. Northern Ireland
- prebirth to 3 and Curriculum for excellence
- foundation phase
shows one way to approach evaluating practice, and is good background reading for SCH 32 3.2 where through an assessor or tutor's workbased observation you'll be asked to 'Demonstrate use of feedback to evaluate own performance and inform development'
I hope this helps a little more xx