Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 09-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road
Default Shc 32

================================================== ==========
step by step help for unit SHC 32 engage in personal development
================================================== ==========

Hi all,

Last loose ends to tie up on a couple of units... Getting really annoyed with SHC 32 1.2 Explain expectations about own work role as expressed in relevant standards.

I've got all the National Occupational Standards I need to hand. The question is, what am I actually being asked to do? Do I just write the standards that are applicable to me, or do I have to provide examples of how they link into my daily practice as well?

Should be simple but spent 12 hours at the laptop yesterday and have done nearly 9 today so I'm extremely frazzled and teetering a bit on the stupid side!

Thanks people! xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-24-2011, 10:01 PM

nazish is on a distinguished road

hi i am asked to talk about eyfs, children act 2006 and health and safety at work 1974 you have to write how do you follow them in your wrk place eg health and safety - we wipe table, risk assessment etc.. you have to read the acts and link it withn your workplace hope it helps.

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14111
Unread 09-24-2011, 10:07 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

take a few of the most interesting standards to you and match them to your role given examples and descriptions
Unread 09-24-2011, 10:36 PM

Mags is on a distinguished road

Thanks Nazish. The EYFS doesn't really apply to me as I work with older children. I haven't written about the various Acts and things as I've done that elsewhere and am sure I'm just meant to be focussing on NOS, although we've not had any guidance on this at college!

Thanks tutu. Was getting a bit worried I'd be working on this question for weeks if I had to cover all the standards with examples! Much appreciated.
Unread 10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

charliechip is on a distinguished road

getting very confused to what are the NOS I have gone to the archives and it list all the different ccld units, are they the standards or does it mean standards as in safety at work acts. every child matters etc seriously head completely muddles :(
Unread 10-30-2012, 05:04 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

the standards are the units. you need to explain how you a professional meet these standards in your day to day work
Unread 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM

charliechip is on a distinguished road

Thankyou, ready to open the Rioja ha ha but don't think that will help, I shall now crack on with it, I am only going to pick some standards that reflect what I do, I imagine that would suffice as doing so many would take forever .... i will be glad when I have finished this, sometimes I can just start with a unit and have the flow and other times I have complete mind block, i am so grateful for this site, i think i may have given up other wise .

Again many thanks

Kate
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:34 PM

Rosyred is on a distinguished road

I completely agree! I am just about to begin this unit but others have had me chasing my tail for hours! Hang in there x
Unread 08-21-2013, 09:04 PM

Rosyred is on a distinguished road

See link for occupational standards for teaching assistants working I primary. Im going to write about a few, briefly saying how it matches up to the things I do.

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/...icular-jobs/ta