Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 03-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

javelin winner is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 304 help please

hi can any one help me on knowledge questions

k3p226
k3d227
k3p228

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

WendyW is on a distinguished road

I have just completed this unit - but my folder is with my assessor. Can you remind me what the knowledge spec is ??
Unread 03-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

javelin winner is on a distinguished road
Smile

K3P226
Give examples of when you have used reflection as a tool to complement what has been said is going to be done AND what has actually been done in your setting.

K3D227
Give an example of when you have used reflection to challenge existing practice in your setting.

K3P228
What kinds of difficulties may occur after examining beliefs, values and feelings in your setting?
Unread 03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road

Hi
I am also struggling with these questions, do you have the text book by Penny Tassoni as the answers are in there but its just a case of writing it in your own words which is what i am finding difficult
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

akel1111 is on a distinguished road

K3P228
What kinds of difficulties may occur after examining beliefs, values and feelings in your setting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akel1111 View Post
It helps if you can think of a time when you thought about something that has happened within your nursery.
For example, I wrote about how I had received some information from the DfES that encourages the use of weapon play. I found this really challenging as I've always believed that weapons kill. But then I looked through our policies and procedures and couldn't find anything written down about banning weapon play. It was just something we'd always done!
So I thought about the times I'd 'turned a blind eye' to weapon play, mainly because the children were so engrossed in play and not harming eachother. I then thought about how the children often told us that their guns were actually 'hairdryers' when challenged. Obviosly I was not practising what I'd preached.

This is just an example but it may spur you on to think of times when you haven't practised what you've preached! Does your setting state that you all uphold equal opportunities? In that case are your parent handbooks available in different languges? Or have you had training on how to do the best for children with additional needs such as deafness?
Bit long winded but I hope this helps
Good Luck!