Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 03-23-2009, 04:08 PM
250 labels

Default 301 Activity one i Evidence collecting book - help!

Hi

New today so forgive me if I am doing this all wrong. I've tried the search box but couldn't find any combination of search words that gave me this info.

We are jumping about through the various units which I am finding a bit odd but have been given the first activity from Unit 301 in the evidence book to complete and I am having trouble.

It asks for you to read the description and list which Act you think it is describing. I've spent all week googling and whatnot and I am still not sure of these:

~Children with special needs should be educated alongside their peers. The views of the parents should be recognised.~

Is this from the Code of Practice 2001?

~Standards 7 (Health), 9 (Equal Opportunities) and 10 (Special Needs) give minimum guidance to help those working with children who have special education needs.~ Is this one from Care Standards 2000?

Any help appreciated.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

carriesmad is on a distinguished road

In my NVQ handbook it says under the care standards act 2000 " children with special needs should have access alongside their peers to facilities, activities and play opportunities provided" and also "parents and carers should be consulted about the need for special services or equipment for their child"
this may be what it's referring to.
Unread 03-25-2009, 04:37 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

remember the care standards are now replaced by eyfs. quote that NOt the old legislation.
Unread 03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
250 labels

Thanks for the tip about the EYFS, because I am with slightly older children I sometimes overlook this.
Unread 03-26-2009, 12:35 AM
wishfulsinger01

i wanted to read the EYFS standards....cant find them on their website. can sombody please send me a link....just PM me. thanks