Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

MissHayley is on a distinguished road
Children's Accident

I have to write a reflective account on the correct procedure for dealing with a child's accident?

What things could I include?

I have put down what things you fill in i.e Date/Time/Place

I have also wrote down things like my reaction was to hug the child and said about you are no longer allowed to do so because of certain legislations then I brought a bit of theorist work into this..?

Does anyone know what else I could include within my reflective account

Thanks!

Hayley

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

saftey checks and evaluation, can anything be done to stop this happening again-i,e if the child slipped

how you inform parents

what happens to other children if you are alone, about higiene wearing gloves, looking to see if child is allowed a plaster (parents pemision?) where your first aid box is, what you would do in a serious accident etc

hope this helps
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, these are a few ideas for more minor events and repeating some suggestions already given xx ... as a reflective account, what opportunities did the Child have to explain or show what happened, where were they treated, who, how & with what. How were they comforted and what systems are in place to ease them through the 'injury - Bumped stickers, quiet time, gentle suggestions in asking what next steps of possible play / activity could be .. how did you assess the situation ..

What was & is staff deployment - where was everyone, how were they involved and who do you report to.

Witness signature / colleagues informed. How parents were told - books signed and any other information given.

If anything may be recuring, if the accident flagged up anything that should be assessed for risk & added to an appropriate action plan.

How Parents were invited to let you know how the Child recovered ...

Other possibilities are letting the First aider know what resources were used from the kit, unless regular stock takes are done and possibly which external agencies are informed ..

This search link may help identify points of correct procedure Child Accident Procedure.

Can you use your own settings procedure to work from ?

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

MissHayley is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much that has helped me laods :]

I will add to my reflective account tomorrow just too tired right now, thanks again :]

x
Unread 01-23-2009, 11:40 PM
topaz glam

Remember...reflective accounts should really be an account of what happened & what you did in relationship to your roles & responibilities & how you followed nursery practices & procedures. Too much explination & reasons could end being more like written knowledge work.

Also....it's important to reflect on your practice. What did you do well? what could you do differently next time? Could you ask for further training or support from colleagues to help you improve practice? etc.

Hope this helps.x