Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 05-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jenmaz2468 is on a distinguished road
Default EYMP1 will someone read through my answer please and advise????

Question:- an explanation of the legal status and principles of the relevant Early Years Framework and why the early years frameworks emphasise a personal and individual approach to learning and development??????

Could someone read through this and advise if I'm on the right track - I cant get my head round the question and Im not sure how to explain 'why the early years frameworks emphasise a personal and individual approach to learning and development'.........

My answer so far:- The statutory framework for the EYFS sets out the legal requirements relating to learning and development and the legal requirements relating to welfare. The EYFS framework has statutory force by virtue of Section 44 of the Childcare Act 2006.
The EYFS is a central part of the ten year childcare strategy Choice for parents, the best start for children and the landmark Childcare Act 2006.
This Act, which regulates the childcare in England, formalise the important strategic role local authorities play, through a set of duties. These duties require authorities to:-
• work with their NHS and Jobcentre Plus partners to improve the outcomes of all children up to five years of age and reduce inequalities between them
• secure sufficient childcare for working parents
• provide a parental information service
• provide information, advice and training for childcare providers.
The act also lays out registration and inspection arrangements, providing for an integrated education and care framework for the Early Years and general childcare registers. The sufficiency, information and outcomes duties came into effect on 1 April 2008 and the remaining provisions came into effect from September 2008. The revised, simpler framework for the EYFS was published on 27 March 2012, for implementation from 1 September 2012.

This is an integral part of the Government’s wider vision for families in the foundation years. It demonstrates our commitment to freeing professionals from bureaucracy to focus on supporting children. Together with a more flexible, free early education entitlement and new streamlined inspection arrangements, this is a step towards a lighter touch regulatory regime.

The EYFS not only provides an education framework but also covers care requirements and staff ratios; these safeguarding and welfare requirements are given legal force by the Childcare Act 2006.

The EYFS has 7 areas of learning that practitioners must plan for (Personal, social and emotional development, Literacy, Communication and language, Mathematics, Understanding the world, Physical development, Expressive arts and design)

Settings also use the Development Matters booklet to assess development, promote positive relationships and provide enabling environments.

The statutory framework should be referred to by all managers and practitioners to ensure their safeguarding and practice complies with current law; the framework refers practitioners to various other acts to ensure they meet their responsibilities: Childcare Act 2006, Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’, Local Safeguarding Children Board, Data Protection Act 1998.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :-(

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bubble&squeak is on a distinguished road

Hiya

From what you've put I think you've covered it. I didn't cover all what you did and mine has been signed off!
Under the Childcare Act 2006, the EYFS was given legal status and in 2008 it has been mandatory that all OFSTED registered schools and early years providers comply with the EYFS requirements. In September 2012 the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage became mandatory for all early years providers, schools, preschools, nurseries, playgroups and all other providers on the early years register. The learning and development requirements are given legal force by an order under section 39 (1A) of the Childcare Act 2006. Also the Safeguarding and welfare requirements are given legal force by regulations made under section 39 (1B) again of the Childcare Act 2006.
The overall aim of the EYFS is to ensure that every child achieves the five outcomes of the every child matters; they are
• Enjoy & achieve
• Staying safe
• Being healthy
• Make a positive contribution
• Enjoy economic wellbeing
It sets the standards that all early years providers should be striving to achieve to ensure children are kept safe and healthy, that they learn and develop well and ensures the children become ready to go to school, via a broad knowledge base and this can help them build a good foundation for future learning.
The EYFS should ensure early providers provide
• Good, quality and consistency, this can ensure all children make good progress and no child gets missed or left behind, so all children start on an equal footing.
• Secure foundation through development and learning opportunities, which are planned around the child and their needs and interests, this ensures each child is treated individually and each child is reviewed and assessed regularly.
• Partnership working between parents and settings/practitioners to provide the best care for the children and ensure parents are included in their child’s developmental progress.
• Equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice, this practice ensures everyone is treated fairly and equally and given support.
The EYFS also has specific requirements for learning and developing in England and these requirements cover;
• Personal, Social & Emotional development
• Communication, Language and Literacy
• Problem solving, reasoning and Numeracy
• Knowledge and understanding of the world
• Physical development
• Creative development
Scotland, Wales and Ireland have taken slightly different approaches.
The principles that should shape how settings and providers practice are
• Every child is an unique child
• Positive relationships
• Enabling environments
• Learning and development
At the end of the child’s final EYFS year, the EYFS profile must be completed as a record of their achievement/journey. The EYFS prolife is a way of summarising a child’s learning and development achievements’ through the observations of consistent and independent behaviour, mainly from the child’s self-initiated activities.

This is what I did and my tutor has signed it off.

Hope it helps in some way xx
Unread 05-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jenmaz2468 is on a distinguished road

Thank you - I'm struggling big time with this unit and only glad I'm 60% complete with the course or would probably have quit....I'm a childminder and feel I dont have relevant experience to answer alot of the questions on this course without nursery setting experience :-(
Unread 05-31-2013, 10:08 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bubble&squeak is on a distinguished road
Default I know the feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmaz2468 View Post
Thank you - I'm struggling big time with this unit and only glad I'm 60% complete with the course or would probably have quit....I'm a childminder and feel I dont have relevant experience to answer alot of the questions on this course without nursery setting experience :-(
I work in a very small pre-school and it's very hard to get the practical parts done as well

Sometimes think the course is to wide to cover for people who don't work in a big nursery and have access to wide realms of children.

Keep up the good work though and I'm sure we will get there xx:jump: