Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 09-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

KristyC is on a distinguished road
Default CYPOP 17 5.3 and a thank you! Analyse how and why practitioners should act as agents and facilitators of change

First of all thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum. You guys have got my head in gear so many times!
I have trudged through CYPOP 17 and found it quite challenging I'm now I'm stuck on the last question 5.3

Analyse how and why practitioners should act as agents and facilitators of change in own work setting.

I would really appreciate any help as my tutor is off sick and I am running out of time to complete the course.
Thanks!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, would it help to ask yourself what you want for the children in your care, the families that those children are part of and the community where you all live/visit?

Maybe examine a situation where, if agents that facilitate change didn't exist what would change? Where the factors below are involved this could mean that any destructive, negative cycles will continue to impact on every child and new generation.

Through your parent partnerships, multi-agency working, colleagues you see or communicate with day to day and the promotion of rights, you faciliatate change via role modelling, having the ability to offer support, guidance, advice wherever needed or appropriate and further your knowledge through training & professional development.

Why advocate from USA's PennState

Professional confidence

If you use the factors from CYPOP17 1.1

• Poverty
• Social and community pressures
• Health status
• Abuse and neglect
• Violent and/or offending family or personal backgrounds
• Race, gender, sexual orientation
• Asylum seeking or victims of trafficking

You can maybe see how these might apply to your community and setting and how you work at early intervention that supports everyone?

Daily practice
CAF
Working with others - Multi-agency
Implementing an open door policy
Reporting procedures for safeguarding, protection, whistleblowing, incidents, events
Provision for play
Achieving positive outcomes of ECM
Raising awareness of eg. anti-discrimination, equal opportunity, the value of diversity, cultures, children's and human rights.
Examine what inequality is, how damaging it can be and what both sides of that can mean to achieveing common goals eg. satisfaction with life

Research to support this analysis could be ..Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 09-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

KristyC is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much I really appreciate your help.
I managed to answer it but you have given me some additional things to add.
I haven't been told about referencing so that was very valuable.
K x