Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

JAY3 is on a distinguished road
Default Eymp4 2.1 & 2.2 Identify and explain the impact of current policies

========================================
find focussed support for EYMP 4 here
=======================================

EYMP4-2.1 Identify current policies, frameworks and influences on the early years.
EYMP4-2.2 Explain the impact of current policies, frameworks and influences on the early years sector.

These 2 can be answered together
current policies, frameworks and influences that are appropriate to England e.g.:
• United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC)
• current equalities legislation
• current research
• social and economic influences such as workpatterns and financial constraints.
Please can any help

Jane x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-02-2012, 08:40 PM

teddy bear is on a distinguished road

hi. I am stuck on the same question :
Identify and explain the impact of the current influences on The Early Years Sector.
could u pls help me.
Thanks in advance
Unread 09-02-2012, 09:19 PM

JAY3 is on a distinguished road

There has been a growing demand in the UK for childcare since the early 1990’s this has come about for a number of reasons.
• Many more Mums are going out to work this could be linked to improvements in girl’s education.
• The growing number of single parent household’s and the demand on one income.
• Government policies in minimizing child poverty by reducing the number of people on benefits and encourage those parents to better themselves through training and employment.
• Lifestyles have changed and fewer people have their extended family nearby to support them with childcare.
• Women are choosing to start their family later on in life so there can return to a well-established career after having a baby.
The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) which set out every child and young people basic rights for example the right to be healthy, to be treated fairly, to be heard, to be educated and not be hurt. For children to be engaged in play this is also an important part to the child’s well-being and their development. Play is one of the fundamental commitments of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). *This is all followed out in our pre-school policy such as the equality and diversity policy which follows the principle – A Unique child: Inclusive practice and principle – Positive Relationships: Respecting each other this also supports articles relating to the UNCRC Article 2: Non-discrimination, Article 3: Best interest of the child, Article 5: Parental guidance and the child’s evolving capacities and Article 12: The child’s opinion. *
The Nursery Education Funding Scheme NEF is a part of the government’s 10 year childcare strategy. It entitles children aged three and four to free early learning for thirty eight weeks of the year. *The early education can only be provided by childcare providers who are registered with Ofsted, this would include day nurseries, accredited child-minders, children centre’s and pre-schools. *This has lead to younger children having access to education and children learning through play and preparing them for starting school.
As professionals we are required to keep up to date with the current research and its findings. This is called evidence based practice where working practice is directly influenced by a research study. *I find by reading research and the theory about how children learn has help me improve my practice for example Atheys schemas help me understand the different types of schemas for example enveloping, enclosure, rotation and transporting and by knowing this I can support and extend the child’s learning which helps the self-esteem of the child to grow and they feel understood and accepted.

This is what I put please do not copy

Jane x
Unread 09-03-2012, 10:58 PM

teddy bear is on a distinguished road

hi. thanks alot for giving me ideas . ofcourse i am not going to copy that.my question is bit different it also includes infuences on current research on EYFS, montessori, steiner and high scope .so its lengthy one . but thanks alot for uur help.: