Hi, a warm welcome to silkysteps.
When your assessor or tutor pops in to see you do this they'll maybe observe you supporting children & young peoples confidence & self esteem by ..
- smiling at children and making eye contact with them
- lowering yourself bodily to communication at the same height
- welcoming children when they approach you
- respond to children's requests positively and offer guidance and help when needed
- show patience, understanding and know how not to prematurely judge events, opinions, happenings
- use praise and congratulate
- use activities to challenge and motivate children appropriately
- suggest ideas to extend a competency .. maybe moving from a 10 piece jigsaw to 20 piece
- support children in extending a competency with suggestions .. climb steps/ navigate a balance beam without hand-holding or moving gradually to that goal by using the minimal amount of hand contact that provides a reassurance
- show genuine interest in what children are doing, exploring, learning about, discussing, suggesting
- challenging discrimination and help others see why equality & inclusion are good
Hth, enjoy the site xx
For a list of level 3 diploma learner handbooks on amazon.co.uk