Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Enjoy a range of number rhyme themed activity ideas
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Weave a twiggy bird nest

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 AM
lyn c's Avatar
lyn c lyn c is offline
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 674
lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default Sch 31 (3.5) Please

Hi Everyone, just realised that i havent completed this section in:
Sch 31 - Promote Communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.

3.5 Explain how to access extra support or services to enable individuals to communicate effectively.

translation services -Translated literature
interpreting services
speech and language services
advocacy services

could somebody point me in the right direction on where to get relevant information on the above. I understand and know about speech and language but can't seem to find ou tmuch info on the rest.

I know that you can buy and borrow books in dual language and get books from the treasure chesta in other languages. I also know that you can contact the children's information services but need some good websites to visit to get more info on the above.
Any help would be appreciatted please. Trying to catch up with things that i have missed and still carry on with the other units at the same time.

All i would like is a little guidance on where i would get some info because i do like to research but just can't find anything.

Thankyou very much.

Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
genevieve genevieve is offline
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
genevieve is on a distinguished road

Interpreting - When communication with a child is necessary for the purposes of safeguarding and promoting that child’s welfare, and the first language of that child is not English, an interpreter must be used. In cases where the use of an interpreter is dispensed with, the reasons for so doing must be recorded in the child’s case file.

The use of an interpreter should also be considered when verbal English

Advocacy Services
Children's Services can arrange for advocacy services to be made available from VOICE for the following categories of children:
Children in care
Children attending Child Protection Conferences
Children wishing to use the Complaints Procedure
Referrals to VOICE can be made by social workers or other appropriate person, with the knowledge and agreement of the child, or the child may self refer.

Alternatively, national advocacy organisations may be able to assist. For example the National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS) offers independent and confidential services including advocacy to young people who are in care or leaving care. The service provides young people with the opportunity to talk to an advocate to help them to make decisions. There is a freephone line which is staffed by counsellors from ChildLine.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:36 AM
lyn c's Avatar
lyn c lyn c is offline
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 674
lyn c is on a distinguished road

Sorry forgot to say i have completed this question.
I was looking into it too deep.
Thanks for your reply

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.