Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 10-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

easylife is on a distinguished road
General question SCH 32 2.3 Describe how own values belief systems and experiences affect practice

Hi,

I really would like to thank every one here in this site. Without posting any question last year for my NVQ Level 2 that I passed I really benefit from all of your posted answers.

I have now started my Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce and we have 21 units this year

I am in unit 052 is any one here doing the same course?

Just need some help with 2.3 : Describe how own values, belief systems and experiences my effect working practice?

Manythanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a warm welcome to the site xx

You need to look at what you value, what beliefs you personally have and the experiences that you have that may or maynot affect the way you work.

How would you describe your outlook on life?
Negative? do you feel things will go badly
Optimistic? maybe you're open to a range of possible outcomes
Are you positively focussed? do you find it easy to be keen, motivated, eager to plan, witness and take part.

The collins handbook lays out guidance for this assessment criteria by category ..

Family background: the make-up of your immediate and extended family and their impact; whether you were an only child or were there many children; sibling rivalry; a mix of genders; the history of your family; whether there was a harsh discipline or permissive attitude.
Environment: the house/flat/caravan you grew up in and its location, within town or rural setting, within a cetain geographical area, or a different country.
Finances: whether you were wealthy or struggled to have your basic needs met.
Education: the ethos of your school; whether single or mixed sex; boarding or day school; inspirational teachers; success academiucally; whether you were bullied; whether you developed special interests.
Religious or spiritual beleif system including if you embraced or rejected this.
Moral influences: values passed onto you as being of central importance to the way you live your life.
Pg 54 - Everyone is influenced and shaped by their unique experience of life.

It can be hard to separate personal and professional responses when you're asked to perform both simultaneously throughout each working day. For the ability to maintain objectivity or be unaffected by personal bias maybe look at your personal views, beliefs, feelings about aspects that you might find relate to daily practice.

Would it help to evaluate & examine them by refelcting on your feelings? ..

eg. if you were asked to write a sentence using your positive/indifferent/negative thoughts on each of the following, what would that single sentence be/ what would it sum up?
... children's rights? a good idea or bad idea?
... human rights?
... ECM and positive outcomes?
... partnership and working together as an internal and external team?
... male / female roles - who stays home to care for children, who goes out to work, who uses different tools, who drives different vehicles, who takes which managerial position
... human appearance - skin colour, eye colour, hair, height, weight, family size/number
... smacking, time-out, other methods for behavioural management
... homosexuality: same sex union, same sex parents
... transgender
... transvestism
... labels
... disability
... sensory impairement - hearing, sight, smell, touch, taste
... infection control
... risk
... individual faiths - prayer, worship, marriage:religions
... local community
... worldwide networks
... country based culture - language, accent, dress, food, music, art, festivals, weather
... age - does age change capability?
... pregnancy and age
... welfare, safeguarding, protecting - adults, children, animals
... academia, training and opportnities to gain knowledge
... lifestyles and lifestyle choices
---- multicultural lifestyle
---- veganism, vegetarianism
---- activism
---- celebrity
---- products, brands
---- homes - a house, flat, caravan, boat, tent
---- traditions, celebrations, annual occurances, observances
... discrimination - how do you react when others discriminate - against others, against you. How do you know when you've discriminated against others or found you've contradicted yourself.
... healthy eating
... substance use - smoking, drugs, alchol
... mental health
... sexual health

Consider the role that you're charged with, the title & description of your job and the responsibilities involved that mean you implement ways for children to achieve positive outcomes during their time with you and as an underpinning expectation for their forevers.

Which of the above do you feel you can whole heartedly support, enjoying all the opportunities available that would promote learning about it.
Which do you accept are an individual's own choice, whilst not your personal choice you respect their rights/right to be safe, express themselves ...
Which do you struggle to understand, challenges your thinking, causes you to feel defensive or makes you feel a need to justify or re-examine your reasoning.
How supportive could you be to someone with views and beliefs that conflict with your own.

How do you think your views, beliefs impact on your practice?
Are you able to separate personal and professional responses?
Are you able to see what difference exists between personal and professional practice - objectivity?
Are you able to overcome strength of personal feeling to safeguard the children in your care and work in partnership with parents and colleagues?

For ideas on methods of relective practice ie. thinking, writing, discussion, enacting or role play - this thread may help

About corporal punsihment
Duty of care
Safeguarding and child protection
Parent partnerships
Multi-agency working
Promoting equality and diversity
Challenging discrimination
Supporting children's learning and development

Parenting and outcomes for children - JRF styles: pg 13
authoritative (high warmth, positive/assertive control and in adolescence high expectations)
authoritarian (low warmth, high conflict and coercive, punitive control attempts)
permissive (high warmth coupled with low control attempts)
neglectful/disengaged (low warmth and low control)

Self and staff appraisal
Personal development plan

I hope this helps xx

------------------------------
SCH 32 - 2.3 describe how your own values, belief systems and experiences may affect working practice
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

Hello

At last, I was starting to think I was the only person in the world doing the Diploma, are u doing it with City & Guilds? I haven't started 052 yet, but hopefully I will have 054 signed off soon.

I haven't done level 2, gone straight in at level 3, so its certainly takin a while to get my head around it. How are you finding it?
Unread 10-18-2010, 12:16 AM

Hi,
Well you are not the only one lol. I am doing Cache Diploma level 3, but I have done last year my level 2 with City & Guilds.
We finished Unit 051 and I have just finished 052 & 053 and Tutor give me to do during the half term unit 054 us assignment.
She said last week she is going to give on Wednesday another assingment. My stress is raising up. How many Unit You have to finish? We have 21 Units.
Which age you working with?
Unread 10-18-2010, 07:47 PM

Claire36 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello

Hi I started the CACHE Level 3 Children & Young Person's Workforce in September, how often to you go to college.

My course was listed as a p/t evening 3 hours a week, but they're also offering another session in the day, unfortunately my rotas don't allow me to attend both.

Not sure how things are going? our Tutors still seem to be finding their feet. Nice to hear that there's others out there doing the same course.
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

liz4999 is on a distinguished road

Hi I to started the Diploma, in my 4th week I have just about finished SC3. Finding it ok. Hope we can bounce off each other every now and again
Unread 10-20-2010, 07:42 PM

Hi every one, our course is full day on Wednesday. I give my Tutor the first 3 units to mark. She give me today the 2d assigment is 023 that contain 5 Tasks to do during the holidays. We find it very confusing.
My Tutor said that they have giving different units to each college.
Hope we can share some links or informations.
Unread 11-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

Hi I have just started the diploma and i am already pulling out my hair but this web site is a god send thank you all I have 65 credits to do as I am doing the early years path and i am nervous .
Unread 03-13-2011, 03:36 PM

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinajpatterson View Post
Hi I have just started the diploma and i am already pulling out my hair but this web site is a god send thank you all I have 65 credits to do as I am doing the early years path and i am nervous .
Hi to all,

Tina im the same as u just started and have 65 credits to complete following the early years path. I am completely workbased with an assessor coming out once every 6 weeks. Seem to working every spare moment at the moment as I have a young family who need me as well!!
Unread 03-14-2011, 01:59 AM

Hi
I am now really enjoying the course. All in class we were worried about the units and how to answer them. We finished 15 units so far and 4 assigment. The diploma book really help lots and you need to go back to your level 2 folder and you will find many informations there as well.