Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 08-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

glasses girl is on a distinguished road

Hi Farley,
What's the age range of the children you work with?
What do you do with the pic's I went on a course recently and they said you had to be careful with photo's as it's a data protection issue if you have them stored on a laptop (which I have) So now we're registered with data protection. I suppose it's a good idea as the children are always taking photo's and videos and they're on the laptop too.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Possum is on a distinguished road

It's necessary if you are storing any information digitally - ie on the computer, such as children's names, addresses, dates of birth, your register or whatever, not just for photos. It's only £35 so money well spent!
Unread 08-31-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARLEYS View Post
no the school dosnt want our paperwork so i will use it to make it easier to ref eyfs for each activity for the next holiday playscheme
How annoying - but at least you can make use of it somehow!
Unread 08-31-2009, 10:54 AM

I agree Possum. We never did keep any info, other than on paper in situ, but we will now.
I plan to email pics to parents (of their child only) so they can share experiences and cut down on the cost of printing. What do yo think?
Unread 08-31-2009, 12:40 PM

Great idea! Good use of the pictures too! I always give photos on disk to parents at the end of their child's time with us - but we're talking thousands of pictures here!!!!
Unread 08-31-2009, 11:13 PM

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

yes we have data protection for everything not just photos. but as soon as we have printed the photos for the childrens learning journals or display purposes we delete them.

for afterschool club we have children from 18 months - 11 years and for playscheme I work with children reception year to 14 years.
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:18 AM

Gosh Farley, What premises have you got? We are based in the school dining hall and everything has to be got out and put away for every session. Do the older children gatecrash the planned younger activities and visa versa?
At the afterschool club we've got 6 EYFS and 34 others most sessions.
Unread 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM

the after school club is on the nursery premises so we collect the children from the schools and walk them back to the nursery where we have use of 2 rooms, 1 for the school children and 1 for nursery children an ouside area then we use the locality all the time...the playing fields, pond and we have our own allotment altho when we only have a few nursery children they are allowed to use all the areas. we dont have 18 month olds everyday so i plan to suit the children we have on each certain day. last year we had 7 nursery children on 1 day alongside 17 school children so we seperated them...this year on 2 of the days we only have 1 nursery child so it makes sense for that child to be in the same room as the school children. ive also tried it with nursery and reception year in together as they stll need the eyfs which worked for a while, what ive planned for september could be a disaster and i will change it again by oct half term, but we are very lucky with the premises that i can leave the nursery equipment set up in the main room everyday but have to clear the room i use for the school children.
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:11 PM

I'm jealous of your setup Farley!
Tomorrow back to work after the hols (no holiday club) but I can feel rising panic, I should have revised the policies and done the Sef form. Have you done yours? I keep picking ours up and then putting to the bottom of the 'to do' pile. Do you sort the fees? Sorry, questions questions x
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:33 PM

im only the supervisor so no i dont do the fees my manager does and she does the policies altho i always do them with her, and often add extra ones when i read them on here!!
yes i have done the sef form.....i did one for playscheme and the one for after school club, the manager did the one for nursery. we had ofsted turn up during playscheme and they are very big on the sef form.......and then they expect you to evaluate the sef form .

feel free to ask questions....xx