Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 11-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Flower Power is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Eymp 1

================================================== ===================
Find focussed support for unit EYMP 1 Context and Principles for Early Years Provision
================================================== ===================

Can someone help me with eymp 1 its really hard

1.3 Explain why early years frameworks emphasize a personal and individual approach to learning and development

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi Flower power
you need to look into the four themes within the EYFS:

There are four main themes that we work towards within the EYFS. Each principle has been put into a theme and then broken down again into four commitments. Each theme is colour coded and has the accompanying colour principles into practice cards. All practitioners reflect on these themes within their setting

The four themes that you need to look into are:
  • A unique child
  • positive relationships
  • enabling environment
  • learning and development
hope it gives you an idea

Lynne
Unread 11-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

lauren-hubbersty is on a distinguished road

im really stuck on EYMP1 1.3- an explanation of how different approaches to work with children in early years have affected current provision in the uk

can anybody help me please as this is the last one on my assignment that im stuck on and its due in soon
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

*sparkling* is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren-hubbersty View Post
im really stuck on EYMP1 1.3- an explanation of how different approaches to work with children in early years have affected current provision in the uk

can anybody help me please as this is the last one on my assignment that im stuck on and its due in soon
if you have the children and young peoples workforce textbook check out from page 213, it says how different approaches have influenced provision in the uk.

Also consider the different learning theorists and how their work with children has influenced the EYFS (p.g 64 onwards)

s.x
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:40 PM

Ackiejac is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm really stuck on EYMP11.3 EMphasis just can't get my head around how to answer any help would be most gratefully recieved thanks
Unread 12-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jo1988 is on a distinguished road

Hi there :)

Each child is an individual and they are all different from one another, so it is important to focus on a child’s individual need as they develop and learn at different rates, they are unique and come from a variety of different backgrounds, so each child has different needs and interests and require a different range of opportunities for them to be able to be successful and achieve. The EYFS emphases the importance of observing a child and working with them on the basis of their development and that play is a important part of learning and that one size does not fit all. Individual learning places children right in the centre of learning and development which allows each child to be able to develop emotional well-being, to have the opportunity to develop self-awareness and to have opportunities to help them be able to manage their own emotions and feelings and to be able to express them in a healthy way, by doing this they should also gain skills to be able to develop relationships and empathise with others. As practitioners feelings and wishes of a child should always be identified and there should not be any reason why a child is not listened to, they should also be allowed to make their own decisions and choices where appropriate.

Hope this helps.
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:26 PM

Ackiejac is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi jo1998 thank you so much for your help just needed someone to explain got it now xx
Unread 12-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jo1988 is on a distinguished road

No problem. glad you understand it :)
Unread 05-20-2014, 07:44 PM

Jensterfarni is on a distinguished road
Help Needed please

Hi All,

I am trying to complete Unit 12 - Context and Principles for Early Years Provision - b) Outline National and Local (Staffordshire) guidance and explain how these are used in your work setting??

I've been stuck on this question for a week and I am really hoping someone can help

Thanks in advance