Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

PrincessMum is on a distinguished road
Default SHC32 3.1 Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards

==========================================
Find focussed support for unit SHC 3.2 here
==========================================

SHC32 question 3.1 Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards

I've looked at some of the suggestions for this one on here but I'm a childminder so I don't have a job description as such, is this the requirements of the EYFS, such as safeguarding etc etc That's all I can think of writing!!! (Puzzled...very!)

heeeeeeelp

x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

jaynera is on a distinguished road
Default sch 32

Hi i am also a childminder i had this signed off, i hope it helps.

A description of the duties and responsibilities of my own work role.
It is a child minders duty to provide a safe, warm and caring environment where children feel welcomed and loved and are able to learn and develop at their own pace, with guidance and supervision as appropriate, in order that parent may have peace of mind to go to work knowing that their child’s well being is paramount. The duties and responsibilities are:
• To listen to parents as experts on their own children, to respect families traditions and childcare practices and to follow parents wishes as closely as possible within the context of caring for children from several different families.
• To plan and provide activities and resources appropriate to each child’s age, stage of development and individual needs and interests with due regard the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
• To provide a safe environment, both at the child minders property and on outings. To teach children safe practices and to hold a current first aid certificate.
• To maintain discipline and encourage positive behaviour.
• To be aware of the signs and symptoms which indicate the possibility of abuse and to be aware of the current procedure for reporting concerns.
• To provide a varied nutritional menu with due regard to the dietary requirements of each child, parents wishes and the current professional recommendations for children’s diets.
• To provide a healthy environment and to encourage children to make healthy choices.
• To liaise with and, where necessary, to seek advice from professionals, with due regard to confidentiality, including preschool leaders, school teachers, health visitor.
• To adhere to requirements set out by relevant authorities such as Ofsted, insurance providers, inland revenue.
• To comply with relevant legislation such as that covering health and safety, food hygiene, fire or planning requirements and to keep appropriate records with due regard to confidentiality.
• To meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
A child minder should also love and nurture every child so they grow confident and strong and develop into healthy and caring young people and adults.
Jayne
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:11 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

theres a sticky on the top of the page which lists the national standards, these are what you and every other practitioner are measured against

you are not being asked to describe your duties you need to evaluate what you do against the standards.
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynera View Post
Hi i am also a childminder i had this signed off, i hope it helps.

A description of the duties and responsibilities of my own work role.
It is a child minders duty to provide a safe, warm and caring environment where children feel welcomed and loved and are able to learn and develop at their own pace, with guidance and supervision as appropriate, in order that parent may have peace of mind to go to work knowing that their child’s well being is paramount. The duties and responsibilities are:
• To listen to parents as experts on their own children, to respect families traditions and childcare practices and to follow parents wishes as closely as possible within the context of caring for children from several different families.
• To plan and provide activities and resources appropriate to each child’s age, stage of development and individual needs and interests with due regard the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
• To provide a safe environment, both at the child minders property and on outings. To teach children safe practices and to hold a current first aid certificate.
• To maintain discipline and encourage positive behaviour.
• To be aware of the signs and symptoms which indicate the possibility of abuse and to be aware of the current procedure for reporting concerns.
• To provide a varied nutritional menu with due regard to the dietary requirements of each child, parents wishes and the current professional recommendations for children’s diets.
• To provide a healthy environment and to encourage children to make healthy choices.
• To liaise with and, where necessary, to seek advice from professionals, with due regard to confidentiality, including preschool leaders, school teachers, health visitor.
• To adhere to requirements set out by relevant authorities such as Ofsted, insurance providers, inland revenue.
• To comply with relevant legislation such as that covering health and safety, food hygiene, fire or planning requirements and to keep appropriate records with due regard to confidentiality.
• To meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
A child minder should also love and nurture every child so they grow confident and strong and develop into healthy and caring young people and adults.
Jayne
Thank You SOOOO much, big big help x
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
theres a sticky on the top of the page which lists the national standards, these are what you and every other practitioner are measured against

you are not being asked to describe your duties you need to evaluate what you do against the standards.
Thanks, think it's clicked! x

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 06-27-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: link added