Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 05-15-2016, 04:09 PM
Contributor

helpineedtofinish is on a distinguished road
Default Develop effective and informed professional practice

Hi,
My first post (really hoping someone responds as I have spent SO long doing this damn course).
Anyhow, I'm stuck on these questions . I think it's just how it's worded (isn't that the case with all of them) and tbh I'm not even sure I understand some of the words. I realise I sound very stupid saying that. But please help me if you can!
1) Please explain why it is important to continue your professional development in order to improve your skills and practice.
2) Analyse why it is important to reflect on practice.
3) What are the requirements relating to maintaining your current understanding and competency in your practice?
4) Why is it important to understand the limits of your competency?
5) Identify sources of advice and guidance to help you understand your level of competency.

I think its 3,4 and 5 that I am most stuck on. Any advice is really welcome. Thankyou!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a warm welcome to the site, lots here will feel your frustration without the harsh words xx

3) requirements might be understanding your first aid certificate will have an expiration date, you might need to complete English & Math qualifications? undertake additional safeguarding, child protection and food hygiene courses? What does your setting expect you to do?

4) Why is it important to understand the limits of your competency?
By acknowledging your knowledge has limits will mean you are less likely to act outside of your authority, break any laws/legislation, regulations or put yourself, the children, parents and colleagues at risk. No one knows everything and by asking for help, guidance, advice or support whenever you're unsure about something will protect all.

This unit has more information in it to help you word your response

5) Identify sources of advice and guidance to help you understand your level of competency.

Your tutor, assessor, setting management or those that have a managerial responsibility eg. network lead

Page 42 of this sample chapter SCH32 Engage in personal development book chapter will help with 2)

What handbook do you have?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Contributor

Hi Ruthierhyme,
Thank you for your help! I've finished those questions now, so thank you! My assessor is being pretty terrible at getting back to me, any tips on getting her to respond...or should I just be more forceful? I barely ever see her and I have been doing my course for a VERY long time! I'm going mad doing this course! Xx
Also I have the Pearson Edexcel Diploma in Children's Learning and Development.
x
Unread 06-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Administrator

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi, collecting everything you need ahead of starting a unit will help xx [/font]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Your course provider ought to of explained what support was provided and the expected number of visits prior to you paying for the course. If you feel they haven't honoured their commitment check their complaints policy, online, by email, phone or letter.[/font]
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Contributor

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I logged a complaint, whether that may effect my mark, or even if my assessor could be even slower at marking my work (due to being annoyed at me). Hence why I haven't complained properly about her yet! But I may do.... Thanks though :)
Unread 06-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Oh goodness no xx They are duty bound to deliver the course as per their agreement with the awarding body - Edexcel?

Remember this is your qualification and your career future, do not let the fear of reprisal stop you from insisting on the support you agreed to at the beginning of the course and that you've paid for.

xx
the cost of ad blockers