Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 03-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Shorty85 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS an activity to explore the 5 senses

i have to plan an activity to include the use of the 5 senses ( i was given a week to do this but have the option to do other units) i have had loads of thoughts and my head is .

was just wondering if you could take a look at my activity i would like to do for this

so far i am undecided on whether to start with a book or not but i will choose between one that is about Easter or one that is about our 5 senses.

i plan to have 3 mini activities:

1/ a box with shredded paper and inside eggs, chicks, maybe a rabbit and a sheep. this will work with touch senses feeling for the items and sight when we see what it actually is

2/ i plan to have 6 plastic eggs inside an egg box allowing the children to pick one from the egg box and they have to guess what is inside using their sense of smell, once they have guessed i will open the egg and allow them to see what it is and they can taste it. i had though of blindfolding the child after they have smelt the egg and let them taste it and guess but i dont know if 5 year olds would be willing to do this.

3/ have a sensory box filled with lots of different items and let the kids cut out a egg from card and designing the egg with the items out of the sensory box

if you think i am doing to much please let me know i dont want it to be a disaster. oh and if you know of any other activity i could do please advise the kids are 5 & 6 i want it to be interesting and fun. my placement is in a primary school.

thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------