Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 10-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default Level 3 Extended Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce Early Learning

Hi

does any one know if you can do this course after you have finished the level 3 diploma, Level 3 Extended Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce Early Learning and Child Care, i understand it is a 2 year course when you start it but does that mean anybody that has done the level 3 will take another year to complete it.

If you can does any one have any information on this and how many more units do you have to do?

I am interested in this but unsure if i can do this.

Lynne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-22-2011, 02:08 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Lynne,
found some info on CACHE website and it says if you have already done the diploma level 3 like we have you can add units to turn it into the extended diploma x
Unread 10-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Mags is on a distinguished road

Can I ask you knowledgeable people what the purpose of the extended diploma is? I've finished the level 3 (bar one final observation which just isn't getting arranged) and a college drop in to sign a load of stuff I haven't signed. I'm going to enrol on the Foundation Degree next year. Looked at the extended diploma but just not getting what it's actually for... Would be grateful if someone could explain it to me in simpleton's terms :P xx
Unread 10-22-2011, 06:32 PM

Hi Wendy

Just looked at the CACHE website and they have quite alot of information but still could'nt get my head around it, something about A*-E. it has only just come out apparently so don't know whether you would have to wait until next year or not. Think i will ask tutor when i see him and then i can ask if there is funding available for the course fees.
If you find out any more info before me let me know.

Lynne
Unread 10-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road
Default Info...

Hi all...
Here is what I know.
I got this from the CACHE site and I also sent the qualifications office a email for find out some info.
it says 'The extended units will be assessed by mandatory tasks set by CACHE plus three written assignments.'
It also says that even with the extended diploma you can only apply for the same jobs as with the normal diploma.
I emailed them and asked if it was worth ucas points and i was told the normal one isnt wasnt worth anything.... they r looking into getting the extended one ucas points but they rnt sure yet if it will be able to. the only thing I see different if that people will tend to do a full degree (but to be honest if it dosnt get given the tariff points then how is that going to work??)
I hope this helps abit. Sorry if it dosnt...
Charlie
Unread 10-31-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie101 View Post
Hi all...
Here is what I know.
I got this from the CACHE site and I also sent the qualifications office a email for find out some info.
it says 'The extended units will be assessed by mandatory tasks set by CACHE plus three written assignments.'
It also says that even with the extended diploma you can only apply for the same jobs as with the normal diploma.
I emailed them and asked if it was worth ucas points and i was told the normal one isnt wasnt worth anything.... they r looking into getting the extended one ucas points but they rnt sure yet if it will be able to. the only thing I see different if that people will tend to do a full degree (but to be honest if it dosnt get given the tariff points then how is that going to work??)
I hope this helps abit. Sorry if it dosnt...
Charlie
Hi Charlie

yeah i read that too but it said somewhere that you could have a supervisory role with this qualification but i have been a supervisor for years within a small group and thought that all you needed was a level 3, well saying that i completed a level 2 in the year 2000 and that was aimed at me being a supervisor which was passed by OFSTED. A couple of years back i was going to do the NVQ but was told by the EYAT to wait as the new diploma was coming out and it would be more benefical, so i waited and hopefully have finished the course.
One day everything will make sense.

Hopefully will see tutor at some point so i will ask him more and think that if i decide to do this i will start it next September.

Lynne