Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 12-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road
Default K4D807 Unit 403

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers as to how they laid this question out.
The book just lists this question

Was thinking of doing a development chart listing ages on one side and across the top each area.

How in depth did people go as you could write reams on this ugh!!

Also is this question just reflecting that you can research or does it link to work ie is it just a theory question or do you reflect to your setting

sorry if this is confusing, seem to just be typing reams on 403.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

loulouw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy321 View Post
Hi there

Just wondering if anyone can give me some pointers as to how they laid this question out.
The book just lists this question

Was thinking of doing a development chart listing ages on one side and across the top each area.

How in depth did people go as you could write reams on this ugh!!

Also is this question just reflecting that you can research or does it link to work ie is it just a theory question or do you reflect to your setting

sorry if this is confusing, seem to just be typing reams on 403.
HI there Twiggy

I done mine as a development chart. I used the the NVQ 4 handbook and Child Development: An Illustrated Guide 2nd edition by Carolyn Meggitt this was a fantastic book. Hope this helps.
Unread 12-30-2010, 01:36 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulouw View Post
HI there Twiggy

I done mine as a development chart. I used the the NVQ 4 handbook and Child Development: An Illustrated Guide 2nd edition by Carolyn Meggitt this was a fantastic book. Hope this helps.
done a development chart!!! thats what my level 2s do! your assessor needs retraining.

NO this is about the theoretical perspectives of development you need to link the theorists with the development and the implications this holds for practice.

then with reflection you need to discuss reflective theory such as gibbs, brookfield or kolb, assess how the theory supports your reflection then discuss and evaluate how it impacts on your practice and the outcomes for the children.
Unread 12-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

twiggy321 is on a distinguished road

i undestand what you are saying tutu but why does the book ccld level 4 just give a list of development norms for each area if this is not what is required . i was going to do a list/chart so that it didnt just look like i had typed it out of the book. i have linked each age group with the theorist and written reams and also linked this to modern day times how each therosit reflects todays practice
Unread 01-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

loulouw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
done a development chart!!! thats what my level 2s do! your assessor needs retraining.

NO this is about the theoretical perspectives of development you need to link the theorists with the development and the implications this holds for practice.

then with reflection you need to discuss reflective theory such as gibbs, brookfield or kolb, assess how the theory supports your reflection then discuss and evaluate how it impacts on your practice and the outcomes for the children.
Im sure my assessor does not need retraining. Ive had 403 signed off and the chart was fine.