Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-13-2010, 02:54 AM
tabbieoastess

Help SOS New, Hello, and couple of questions :)

Hey I'm new. My name's Tabbie, I'm 19 and I'm doing a NVQ L2. I work in reception class in a school. I'm stuck on a couple of questions so any help would be muchly appreciated

1)How often should risk assessments be done, who does it, and where is it recorded?

2)How could you adapt a setting to deal with the needs of a child with hearing difficulties and a child with visual difficulties?

3)This isn't an actual question, but this my own. What do you do if a child tells you they're being abused, or looks like they're being abused? What's the difference in how you act for each one? I've never had to deal with it...

4) What's the importance of having a behaviour policy in your setting?

If anyone could give me some pointers, help, or any tips, it would be greatly appreciated, and if in turn I can help anybody, I'll try my hardest

Last edited by tabbieoastess : 06-13-2010 at 03:33 AM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-13-2010, 01:25 PM
tabbieoastess

bump :)
Unread 06-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

ray is on a distinguished road

Hiya Tabbie. Welcome..... this site has been amazingly helpful for me. I couldnt have done my course without all the help I have had here.
At my setting ( a nursery) we do a room risk assesment daily which checks the lighting, door alarms ( they go off if the doors to the garden are opened)
Room temperature. That the toys are safe and floors clear.
We also have a garden/outdoor risk assesment.
The room leader does this or delegates it to a co worker. The risk assessments are dated and kept in a folder especially for this purpose.

For a child with hearing difficulties its a good idea to make sure there are areas that are slightly away from the general hubbub and noise of the classroom.
Visual difficulties can be helped with the correct lighting, larger signs perhaps. It really depends on what the problem is.
I have a child in my room that has hearing problems in his left ear, so we make sure we sit him with his right ear towards whatever he needs to hear.e.g at "carpet/story time.

Hope this gives you some pointers.
Unread 06-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

mother theresa is on a distinguished road

hi i havent been using this site for very long but i find it very helpful. your workplace should have a policy and procedures book for dealing with problems such as abuse ask to see it. where i am i should go to my supervisor if i suspect abuse. if a child tells you you must make a note of it and date it then inform whoever is in charge unless it is them who is abusing then you woild go higher.