Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 03-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jodielou is on a distinguished road
Default ccld l3. i,m stuck help!!

can any one please explain "the safe guards that need to be in place when assessing children And the need to be objective" ??i/m just not getting how to set my answer out

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Avengelyne is on a distinguished road

this is my answer, it may help you with your own thoughts

When assessing children permission must be sought from the parents, this is usually obtained when the child registers at the setting and covers the period until they leave the setting. Older children and teens might also need to be spoken to so they understand what the assessment is designed to show.
Assessments must be suitable for the purpose; you should not use data from an existing assessment even if they are recent as they will have been carried out for a different reason and may not focus enough on the subject of your assessment e.g. using an assessment for social skills to answer questions of language development: social skills assessment may show a particular child talks but will only focus on social conversation and not all areas of the child’s language ability.
When assessing children for their individual developmental abilities there must be full understanding of the developmental norms in order to determine whether the child is above or below them, there also needs to be understanding of the child especially when dealing with SEN or Gifted and Talented to ensure that the expectations from the assessment are neither too high nor too low. In some instances it may be best to ask a colleague who is not as familiar with the child to carry out a pre planned assessment so they are not biased or prejudiced or have any other preconceptions.
Training is important for staff as some children have particular traits or behaviour patterns that may make them appear to have disabilities, the child may be very shy and refuse to talk which could appear that the child cannot talk, they may have a strong trajectory schema that is not being fully catered for and so may appear to be aggressive and always throwing or kicking the toys around.
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jodielou is on a distinguished road

thank u so much!!i've been stuck on this for days so cant thank u enough.i wasnt sure if it meant safeguarding overall or not now it seems simple thank u x