Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Kerry03 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Unit 301 K3D163/K3D164 Making choices for themselves

Hi all

First of all I apologise if this question has already been answered at some point over the months, but would be very grateful for any help/advice!

I am stuck on Unit 301 K3D163/K3D164 My question is set out as a table and coloum 1 is: Making choices for themselves (children that is), give a brief description (I have managed this part), then it says: Strategies you use to support this. This is the part I am stuck on????

Second part is: Involving children in decision making, give a brief description and strategies used to support this.

Many thanks in advance

x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry03 View Post
give a brief description (I have managed this part)

x
Hi, welcome to Silkysteps

I'm not familiar with the table you've mentioned but wondered if you've given examples of Children making choices in your brief description?

I have a feeling any strategies that may of been used could of been embedded into practice and as such not seem like strategies any more, rather part of everyones day to day way of doing things.

Enjoy the site
xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-29-2010, 03:16 PM

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

Hi Kerry03,

I answered this question in a reflective account and I wrote:

In my setting the children are given choices which is very important because as an early years practitioner's we need to let the children be individuals as this will make into the people they will become. Letting the children make their own decisions and giving choice can help to avoid bad behaviours such as tantrums and children will learn to feel more confident and take on responsibility K3D163.

K3D164- The staff in my setting encourage the children in decision making which is important because it builds up the children's self esteem and self worth which contributes to their emotional well-being. I went on to say i supported the children by involving them in a gluing and sticking activity and by asking them what materials they would like to use to make their picture from the resources that were supplied. It all helps the children to grow up and be independant which in turn meets the needs of the child.

I hope this will help you, keep going it will be worth it in the end

fluffly bunny
Unread 02-05-2010, 05:32 PM

Kerry03 is on a distinguished road

Thanks both......you helped a lot!

x