Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

niggles78 is on a distinguished road
Default Water fun

Hello

I'm looking for ideas to spice up our water trays. Every couple of days I try and fill them with something new and exciting but i'm running out of ideas.
I've used Glitter, spaghetti, paints, different food colourings, Bubbles, all manner of water toys. . . .

Any ideas?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-19-2009, 11:35 PM

mumster is on a distinguished road

hi, have you used ice with things frozen into it or in the shape of hands (done using washing up gloves) or gelli bath thats really good as you can let the children turn it back to water when you have finished with it. I know you have said spaghetti but have you done this after it has been cooked as it is a different texture and children come up with some really good words to describe it.
Unread 10-20-2009, 03:52 PM
loo-lar

We have put small world figures into pots of water and frozen them, the children love to play with them in the water and watch them melt....also mini beasts, fish etc...
Unread 10-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

janeb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumster View Post
... have you used ice ... in the shape of hands (done using washing up gloves) ...
What a lovely idea
Unread 11-23-2009, 04:18 PM

niggles78 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the idea's - i have new inspiration for tomorrow!!
Unread 11-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sazzle is on a distinguished road

I had ice cubes today, sprinkled with different powder paints.
As the ice melts, the powder turns into paint, and the colours mix together, so not only do you get the conversation about freezing/melting - but colour mixing too.