Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

bunny is on a distinguished road
Help SOS help unit 422

help, i'm on my very last unit and i'm really stuck on two questions and can't seem to get my head around them. Any help anyone could give would be really appreaciated. The questions that i'm stuck on are

K4C1088. local contactss for translating literature and information into families' home language.

K4D1084. key sector principles of working collaboratively and in partnership with families

thank you.
bunny

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

k4d1084
i wrote about government legislation regarding working with parents.
The education act 1998 emphasised schools being accountable to parents and parental choice.
The children act 1989 introduced the concept of parental responsibility.
Birth to 3 matters and the curriculum guidance for the foundation stage says effective practice involves using the knowledge of parents and family.
Every child matters (DEFS 2004B) states the importance of parent/carers and families in meeting desired outcomes for children.
Care standards act 2000 this brought about the 14 national standards one of which is partnership with parents.
Sure start 1998 now children’s centres recognised the importance of parental involvement from the start.
Early years foundation stage EYFS (Sept 2008) states positive relationships 2.2 “parents as partners “ parents are children’s first and most enduring educators, when parents and practitioners work together in early years settings the results have a positive impact on a child’s development and learning.
Also I wrote about our settings principles in working with parents,what we do and why we do it the benefits etc, our policies for working with parents, parental involvement,Admissions,Complaints,record of complaints
Curriculum planning policy,Children’s records policyetc
k4c1088
It is important to get things right from the start, we need to check we are spelling the child’s and families name correctly and how to pronounce it, we need to reassure parents their 1st language is acceptable for the setting, we need to respect their culture, beliefs and value the parents own knowledge of their child.
We would contact the English as an aditional language service to ask for advice. (Ours is within our local authority), Visual resources to help with communication, and help from an interpreter if needed, translation of letters etc into the families’ home language, staff would need to be trained on how to communicate effectively with the family

hope that helps.
Unread 01-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

bunny is on a distinguished road

thank you brandy. it's a great help hopefully get it finished tomorrow.
thank you once again