Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road
Default Can anyone point me in the right direction?? - Linking practice to theorists

So far I've written about 10 pages on this question but Im stuck on this particular bit and wondered if anyone can give me some advice;
I know how to write this as 'what my setting does but need to link it to theorists
• Development of self-esteem and identity, emotional well-being, emotional intelligence

thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
ashash

wat is the question sally

ashash x
Unread 06-11-2008, 05:08 PM

I need to link the starement below to different theorists

Its based on this question...

K4D806 - 17
Significant theoretical perspectives on:

• Development of self-esteem and identity, emotional well-being, emotional intelligence

If anyone could hep I would be very grateful
Thank you
Unread 06-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Butterflyfllutterby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally23 View Post
I need to link the starement below to different theorists

Its based on this question...

K4D806 - 17
Significant theoretical perspectives on:

If anyone could hep I would be very grateful
Thank you
I used Erik Erikson for this one hope this helps
Unread 06-13-2008, 09:42 PM
cathys1

I'm just about to answer this question myself - these are the notes I wrote down with a colleague when we reserached it - hope they help! We've been told to answer 806 by first explaining what it is, then talk about the theorist, and then how it affects practice in every day life, and if we agree or disagree and why!
self esteem and identity - how the children and others view themselves, who they are and their place in society. Theorists = Rogers, Merton, Cowen, Skinner, Erikson. Practice = children's rights, praise & encouragement, antibullying, child protection, recognising and accepting different cultures, religions and upbringings.
emotional wellbeing - Happiness / security. Tizard & Bowlby, Attachments, realistic expectations.
emotional intelligence - How they learn to behave, express themselves, learning how to behave in a socially acceptable way! Bowlby, Isaacs, Kohlberg? Role modelling behaviour.

I'm sure ther's loads more, but hope it's useful to start you off!
Unread 06-15-2008, 09:31 AM

Thanks everyone - that was a real help x