Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 05-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road
Default 308 k3d310 & k3d311

Need a bit of help please.

k3d310 - How I can provide an emotionally safe environment that allows children to express their feelings freely

and k3d311 - Why is it important to develop a trusting, open and honest relationship with the children in my setting and the benefits this can have for the child

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-17-2010, 07:11 PM

lolly is on a distinguished road

K3D310
An emotional safe environment is where children know there will be consistency and that adults will be there for them. They must be able to express and control their own feelings, knowing that adults around them will be there for them and value them unconditionally. Children need to know that their feelings, positive or negative feelings will always be acknowledged. It’s important for adults create safe emotional environments for children o that they able to deal with any changes or stress in their lives.

This can simply be done by offering trust, openness, and honesty.

A sense of belonging
Safe boundaries.
Consistent relationships.
Unconditional acceptance.
Valuing children’s families.
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:12 PM

K3D311

Practitioners should try and develop a relationship with children in the setting, which is open and honest. In return the children will appreciate this honesty and trust you because of your past honesty. Trust and openness can be promoted when setting boundaries with children. Older children can help set their own boundaries although some boundaries will obviously set by you. You should be open and honest as to why the boundaries are there and explain why a child cannot do something. Without honesty a child will not trust you and you will not develop a positive relationship with them. In my setting I had a situation where a child wanted to play with a toy that was already being used by another child. I explained that the toy was being used and that I would get them the toy after the other child had finished with it. When the toy was available I did what I promised and gave the toy to the child that had been waiting to play with it. This showed the child that I meant what I said and hopefully the child could see that I am honest and that I can be trusted.
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Thanks again lolly, this is great :)
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:22 PM

your very welcome.:) anything else you need i am here to help.
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Oh in that case then....haha.
K3D309 how a childs ability to relate to others can be affected by their own level of resilience and emotional well-being
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:01 PM

this is a follow on from k3d308............
10. K3D309
11. Interacting with others can help children’s emotional well being and resilience. As children develop they begin to relate to other people and start to interact with
12. Adults and other children this can give children confidence and help children feel positive about themselves. Praise given from an adult when a child completes a task for example can boost a child’s confidence.
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:03 PM

remember this is meant to be on your own practice so what i write may not be what you would do ...
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:06 PM

Yes I understand that, thanks very much for your help x
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:15 PM

your welcome.x