Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

joannaa is on a distinguished road
General question Observations

Hi Everyone,

Over the next 2 weeks I am concentrating on Unit 203. I have to do 4 observations on a child using the tick chart method and the written method. I have to do tick charts for observing physical development (gross and fine motor skills), communication and language and intellectual, and am using the written method to observe social and emotional development. I just wondered if anyone had and hints or tips for carrying out observations.

Many thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

just a few i am waiting to go on an observation tec course in a few weeks but mainly write only what you see not what you think has happened write in a non judgemental and positive maner try to not let the child see unless it is on observation requiring the child to take part with you as they act differently if they know you are watching make sure you have permission from setting and parents follow settings policies on observations make sure you have a conclusion and think of were the next step is for the child always keep confideniality at all times .

I hope this helps try and get on the course i am doing also amazon sell books on this T
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

student00scotland is on a distinguished road
Hello everyone, Ive just joined the forum today. I was looking for help. I am doing An SVQ / NVQ 2 CCLD. I have an observation assignment to do but I don't quite understand what I have to write. The assignment goes....Pick one child for each development area. Physical Development.. How does the child move around the setting and coordinates movements? I have picked a specific child for this but I am unsure of how to answer the question above. I was looking for examples on the internet but could'nt find any. I have a problem of reading to much into questions, making it harder for myself.. If I had an example of what to write I would be fine after that

Thanks
Jo
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

this can be done in lots of different ways if the setting has stairs you could watch the child climbing the stairs ,sitting dancing exercising cutting drawing or if outside you can watch they ride tricycles or bikes balancing ,climbing on slides ,swings jumping into hoops or throwing thing into hoops .

just try writting it in your way you can always get help from your setting but its something that is unique to you just follow the steps given by the setting may be even ask your settings staff to let you do 1 before your tutor turns up

hope this helps
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Nanuk is on a distinguished road

Also and sorry if I have missed this in the other replies but you must make sure you are writing FACTS and not your opinions, for example 'child A has a beautiful skirt on' - this is your opinion, it should read 'child A has a skirt on'.
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

joannaa is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Juat wanted to say a quick thanks for my replies, sorry for delay have been away on hol, and then been so busy doing observations and writing them up. Hopefully my tutor will be pleased on Thurs!!