Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

nmd05 is on a distinguished road
Default k4h799

I was wondering if anybody can help me i have done the key factors and influences on the childrens health and safety but dont know how to link this with the stages of development. if anybody could help me on this i would be really greatfull!

Nmd05

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

minimad is on a distinguished road

Hi Nmd05,
I just wrote a abit about each such as where they live-sanitation,clean water,damp housing social background- little or no hygiene can lead to child being ill due to lack of hygiene and not washing hands child with disability - say allergies they rely on staff to keep them safe and to know how and when to administer medication. I did the same to each section, my assor looked at it and said it was ok. Hope this helps
Unread 04-18-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimad View Post
Hi Nmd05,
I just wrote a abit about each such as where they live-sanitation,clean water,damp housing social background- little or no hygiene can lead to child being ill due to lack of hygiene and not washing hands child with disability - say allergies they rely on staff to keep them safe and to know how and when to administer medication. I did the same to each section, my assor looked at it and said it was ok. Hope this helps
do i have to write about each age group in my setting? or just who i work with? is it how i keep them safe from each of thte key points? x
Unread 04-18-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmd05 View Post
do i have to write about each age group in my setting? or just who i work with? is it how i keep them safe from each of thte key points? x
Are you doing question K4H799 I bullet point each part and answered the question for children in gereral I did not say anything about age groups. Have you got the book childrens care learning & development nvq4 (Heinemann) this book is very helpful. good luckx
Unread 04-18-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Are you doing question K4H799 I bullet point each part and answered the question for children in gereral I did not say anything about age groups. Have you got the book childrens care learning & development nvq4 (Heinemann) this book is very helpful. good luckx
yes ive got that book, thats where i got the information from but the last bit of the question says about linking it to the stages of development? has yours been signed off? my college tutor not coming till the 26th.
Unread 04-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
yes ive got that book, thats where i got the information from but the last bit of the question says about linking it to the stages of development? has yours been signed off? my college tutor not coming till the 26th.
All I put for that bit was that childrens understanding of safety will depend on age and what stage of development they are at. My tutor said that was ok when I emailed it to her. I still have not completed the whole unit yet Even though I have done the questions. hope this helps
Unread 04-18-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
All I put for that bit was that childrens understanding of safety will depend on age and what stage of development they are at. My tutor said that was ok when I emailed it to her. I still have not completed the whole unit yet Even though I have done the questions. hope this helps
yes this has helped lots thankyou, have you done k4h792 im struggling on that one.
Unread 04-20-2010, 08:50 PM

Default k4h792

Quote:
yes this has helped lots thankyou, have you done k4h792 im struggling on that one.
Hi glad that helped for k4h792 i put the governments guidlines for healthy eating uses food groups which are bread,rice,potatoes,pasta and other starchy foods. fruitand veg, milk and dairy foods. meat,fish,eggs,beans and other non dairy sources of protein. foods & drink high in fat and /or sugar.
Hope this helps good luck