Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

j.trina10 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS ccld 203 K2D48

Hi can someone please help me?. I am doing unit 203 and have been asked to complete K2D48 points 1 to 17. How do i set about writing it up? Do i answer them as questions or do the whole lot out as one piece but include all the points within? Any help will be gratefully appreciated. Thankyou.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Karen C is on a distinguished road

hey luv, ive not done that unit but if your write what the question are im sure myself and others will be able to support you.
Unread 02-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

when I this this section I did it by answering the questions it was much easier.
Unread 02-24-2010, 05:10 PM

Help SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinajpatterson View Post
when I this this section I did it by answering the questions it was much easier.
Hi Thanks for the replies, i ended up calling my tutor who told me to write it as an essay and include all of the points. I am up to point 9 and feel like my brain seems to have stopped working!. I need to indentify activites and equipment to support children's play and early learning, including how these are used to best effect, support children's early interest in numbers,counting,sorting and matching, encourage children's creactive play, play with and alongside the child,sensitively supporting their play, make sure children have quiet periods, use different ways of communicating, including verbal/non verbal, listening and watching, talking,pausing and turn taking in making sounds and 'conversations' making eye contact,singing,rhymes and stories, support childrens early communication in bilingual or multilingual settings, support children's early interest in reading and mark making, contribute to an environmemt that supports children's physical skilss and confidence in movement! If u could help me out with even just 1 of these points, i will be more than happy. Thankyou for your time x
Unread 02-25-2010, 12:55 AM

Default some help for you...

Hey luv,

These questions are very similar to unit 303 k3d218/219 have you done that yet? If not type in 303 or 218 into this forum and there should be some of the answers you need. Or even put in code words such as 'creative play'. When looking at these questions think ‘how’ and ‘why’ you… for example ‘encourage children’s creative play’ as it helps to put it in context in your head. I have wrote some information for some of the questions for you, hope they help.

how and why you support children's early interest in numbers, counting, sorting and matching - here I would write how you would support children’s counting etc for example by incorporating this into children’s routines so counting cups at snack time etc. you would provide a variety of opportunities according to children’s age needs and abilities and plan according to a child’s interests. I would write a list of activities that promote these areas of learning too. You support children’s early interest in numbers etc as it promotes their development etc

How and why you Encourage children’s creative play – here you need to write about how you encourage children to play creatively. So give lots of praise and encouragement, provide a variety of creative activities such as mark making, role play and messy play etc. You encourage creative play – promotes self esteem and confidence, develops and stimulates imaginations, helps to express feelings and promotes intellectual development. I would write up about some activities that are creative so arts and craft, music and movement etc

How and why you play with and alongside the child, sensitively supporting their play – here I would write that practitioners should generally not interfere with children’s play however these may be times when they need to. For example helping children to explore new activities from the comfort of a secure relationship and showing children how to use equipment appropriately. Write examples too. You also play with and alongside children to show them good role models and enrich their experiences, and also to promote their independence.

How and why you make sure children have quiet periods – here you need to write that children need quiet periods to enable their bodies to rest and to recharge. Quiet periods also helps children to process what they have learnt in the day. You should provide quiet periods as part of the daily routine, where children are allowed to sleep, rest or have quiet time such as reading stories.

How and why you use different ways of communicating, including verbal/non verbal, listening and watching, talking, pausing and turn taking in making sounds and 'conversations' making eye contact, singing, rhymes and stories, - here you should write a little about each section – so write about talking, why it is important e.g. it promotes children’s language and extends their language skills. You need to write why you use different methods of communication too, so non verbal communication such as picture boards help children with communication difficulties. You also use non verbal and verbal communication according to a child’s age needs and abilities whilst meeting children’s individual needs e.g. Makaton.

How and why you Support children’s early communication in bilingual or multilingual settings – here you need to write about how you support children at your setting who speak more than one language? So you work in partnership with the parents, provide signs and posters around the setting, display words in their language etc. And why you support them, so to provide equality and diversity, allow all children opportunities to reach their full potential and to help promote their development etc

These should be a good starting point for you, so you just need to elaborate on them
Unread 03-02-2010, 04:45 PM

Karen thankyou, you are an angel!!! you have helped me more than you could possibly imagine. Thanks again love Trina x
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:40 PM

Not a problem Trina, glad I could help :)