Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road
Story assessment

Have my 2nd observation next month and want to prepare ahead this time as my 1st one was fairly easy as was an art activity. Right, i have to read a story about stranger danger , i am covering child protection, but i have no idea what sort of book to read. I also have to do singing etc, very nervous about this as havent actually read to the children yet. Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, if you search for Stranger danger there are a few titles on other threads that may help.

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-19-2009, 08:31 AM

Thankyou, I will have a look :)
Unread 11-25-2009, 09:20 PM

sazzle is on a distinguished road

My colleague often reads "Small Bear Lost" - I haven't actually read it myself but I have seen some of her observations from the resulting conversations, and it would seem that it covers this area.

Find a book you can make a story sack for, that should earn you Brownie points!
Also, practice practice practice! The first time you read to the children you worry enough about keeping them interested (and sitting still!) you don't want to worry about your assessor too. You will be suprised at how soon you stop feeling silly when reading/singing. I have the worst singing voice in the world - but the kids dont care so neither do I! Action songs are good. Head shoulders knees and toes to get them on their feet, dingle dangle scarecrow, sleeping bunnies..
Speak clearly, slowly, and allow the children to comment on the story/pictures.
Unread 11-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Head shoulders knees & toes is also good evidence toward 305.3 (Child Protection element) as it is helping children to put a name body parts
Unread 12-08-2009, 05:16 PM

Thanks very much for your advice, I hadnt thought of head shoulders knees and toes. I have my assessment this fri, i thought about reading 'Cuddly Dudley' as it was recommended on another forum on here. I've just looked through it and dont quite get how it relates to stranger danger. If anyone knows the book please could they explain, i am guessing it is to do with the Eskimo that wants to cuddle him :)