Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 09-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

dottyb is on a distinguished road
Default unit 308

hi jus wonderin if anybody can help me with unit 308 stuck on k3d310,k3d314 any help would be appreciated thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

Morning dottyb,

Here is the rough copy for what I put for k3d310:

An emotionally safe environment is where children know there will be consistency and that the adults will be there for them. Children need to be able to learn how to control and express their feelings, but they also need to learn that the adults around them are there for them and will value them unconditionally. Children need to know that their feelings will be acknowledged not matter if they are positive or negative ones. Now a days there are quite a few children who go through a lot of changes and stress in their lives so creating a emotional safe environment for them is especially important.
There are a few responsibilities that a adult can do for creating a emotionally safe environment and they are: openness, trust and honesty. There are a few factors that can make a emotionally safe environment and these are as followed:

A sense of belonging
Consistent relationships
Safe boundaries
Unconditional acceptance
Valuing children's families
Warm team interactions

Not only do these factors make an emotionally safe environment but a psychologically safe environment as well.

Here is the rough copy for what I put for k3d314:

I would do this by going slowly and not rushing myself or the Child and to try and make sure they know you are there for support.
Doing this through an activity is always useful and also working with a group of children who can work together and support each other. Also having peer support is a good method for children to learn from.
You could take the activity one step further by adding new resources or allowing the child to practice the same skill again by using different resources provided. Fine Motor skills can be developed by sorting activities using small items to start with and then moving to larger items . For example counters are used at first, then small blocks, then beads that need threading- essentially this is the same activity but interest is maintained by slight alterations. If the activity proves too difficult then altering it and working through small steps can often lead to the same way to achievement. You must praise and use lots of encouragement throughout each stage that is achieved.
Praise and encouragement for the things they can do and praise and encouragement for the fact of trying a task that is difficult even if they do not succeed is always important for building self-esteem.
To keep an eye on how the child is doing through each activity you could use a tick list of skills for the age of the child in order to monitor it.

I hope this sort of likes help you.
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

dottyb is on a distinguished road

thanks that has really helped me alot ,think i was on the right track thanks again
Unread 09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

Your Welcome glad I could help