Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road
Ahhhh Can't Go On

I don't know what is going on lately but I just keep getting a mental block on my course work and I feel like I can't do no more on this course. I just feel like I can't go on and i'm gona fail. The unit i'm on should be so simple but I am finding it so hard and if I can't complete this unit how am I supose to carry on and the complete the rest. I can't get no help from my assessor as I haven't even met my new one yet due to old one leaving, and at the moment I can't get no help from work either.
This site is great but I keep looking through for help and I still can't get it to make sence to me.

I am now finding it all so hard and feel like I just want to chuck it all away, I know I should but thats how I feel now.
Has anyone else felt like this as I just want to break down at the moment.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

cats is on a distinguished road

Hi
I totally understand how you feel. I am completing my last Unit and I too have a blank. The fact that I am so close to finishing should be an incentive to carry on but sadly it's not. My goal is to finish at the end of this weekend and then I will have my life back and hopefully catch up on sleep.
Try to stay focused x
Unread 06-26-2009, 01:51 PM

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road

Dont give up you will get there,what are you stuck on im sure we can all help.let us know what unit and knowledge question.
Unread 06-26-2009, 01:57 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

end of term always makes me feel incapable of rational thought too. put it away for a week completely away dont look at it think about it or come here then get it out again in fact do it for 2 weeks!
Unread 06-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Dingledel is on a distinguished road

What unit do you seem to have become stuck on?

I seem to get daunted by too much information and not knowing where to start with it all. I find breaking it down into a few pieces at a time has helped me!
Unread 06-26-2009, 07:31 PM

kittykatty2000 is on a distinguished road

Hey All,

I wish I only had a week to go, but I have only started mine in January this year, so have quite a while to go yet.
Hey tutu I wish I could only put it away for a week but my assessor comes out to me every 2 weeks so have no time to put it down.

I am stuck on all of the knowledge evidence question for 304, I know there are a few answer on this forum, but I have a problem where I don't always understand what people put down as a answer (a slight learning difficulty).
I keep going through these questions over and over, but don't get no step further and i'm already on my 3rd week of these questions. It doesn't help as well that my assessor quit and had no help of her anyway, so have no one to go to until tuesday when I meet my new one.

I feel so daft for feeling like this but these knowledge evidence questions are really getting me down :-(
Unread 06-26-2009, 11:12 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

your the student! you tell her what you can do and cant. she should be lead by you and if shes so worried by a timescale then you need to put her right. you have 3 years from date of reg with cache to do it in. being assertive is an important tool in an nvq3 tool box practice it with her
Unread 06-27-2009, 09:29 AM

dkredbaron is on a distinguished road

304 is all about reflection why it is important to reflect on what we do,how can this improve practice.reflecting on practice can allow you to assess what you are doing well and identify areas that you can improve on.take one question and dont feel you have to rush .the first question K3P222 you should write about identifying areas where you may like or need more training to make sure you are performing to the best you can and meeting standards within the nursery /pre-school policies procedures.you need to reflect on how you work with the children families and colleagues.write about what has happened in the past and what you could now do to improve on this.

i really hope this helps im sure when you get your new assessor you will be ok
Unread 06-27-2009, 11:21 AM
butterfly 2

Dear Kitty Katty,
I have found this unit one of the hardest to do, too ! Really struggled with this. Sometimes it is the wording. Makes it sound far more complicated. Most things you do in your setting anyhow.
This might help?
Use one example of an activity you did with the children (art, baking). Look back(reflect) on it. What worked and what did not. What would you change and why? During the activity(ongoing reflection did you change anything to suit the children you were working with. Why did you do this(individual needs). How did this benefit the children. What did you learn from this activity for yourself and for the children.
Once you have written this look at the K numbers and see what you could include.

If you say which K you are working on I could be more specific.

In general when I'm stuck I will read the CCLD3 (tassoni etc) book, choose one K and get out the NVQ£ values and principles. Then I think about what I do in the setting to cover this. Most of the time we all do this things on a daily basis. The K are just worded a bit complicated.
Hope this helps a bit!
Unread 06-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

topcat is on a distinguished road

i cant help you much at the min as i havent got my file but when i get it back on tuesday i will be able to help you if you just let me know wat you need, all of it has been signed of just need it get file