Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 01-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

gemkaikay is on a distinguished road
Default Help To Solve This Matter

Hi,
I am currently a volunteer chairperson for our local playgroup, I have completed my level 2 2000 and 3 2008 and just about to start or trying to start my level4.
However I'm not sure if my role can do it, I don't work with the children I work with the staff, appraisal, monthly supervisions, training, meetings, dealing with parents concerns, complaints, ofsted, ordering of new equipment, paper work (just up dated policies and procedures), keeping up to date with current regulations, introducing a more effective work enviroment, just introduce new evaluation forms for end of day practice, this gives our staff time to evaluate their day and any issues that might have occured!
Staff sickness, employing new staff, advertising when necessary, children attending, risk assessments, etc...
So shall I bother to start my level 4 or am I going to really struggle???
Someone said that the level4 is alot harder than the 3 and you need to do loads of referencing and quoting etc using the harvards thing!! never done this not even with my level 3!! Am i going to struggle????
please help me, or if anyone can think of a better course to do as a follwing on from level 3 that would be great xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

level 4 is a bit harder bc it looks more in depth at children and managing them, but i think if you want to do it, then do it even if it is a bit harder you may enjoy the challenge. Where do you want to be in 5 years time is something to think about-then look at all the options for courses to get you there.

hope this helps
Unread 01-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

Im just coming to the end of my level 4 and from what you say I think you should go for it - you have lots of experience in what they are looking for
Unread 01-20-2009, 06:15 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

it is harder but it requires exactly the underpinning knowledge you have about childcare theory etc. its for managers and if your doing that hen go for it! a good lecturer and a skillful assessor will be the people which have to worry about the evidence. you just need to worry about the work. ( easy!!!???)