Would your parents/guardians, grandparents and others be interested in purchashing a Summer Holiday activity pack that your fundraising committee puts together?
For a fee to cover costs and to make a small profit for your group these activity packs could be assembled & put together to help you raise much needed funds.
To hold the pack contents use sturdy zip lock bags - that are car journey/trip and outings asfe !!
We have a fabric bag pattern here for you to use - this would add to the overall cost of the bags though - Stitch Squirrel's storage bag
If you wanted to take orders before you break up for the holidays parents could put in requests for the bags to have their child's name taped to the front.
Things you could include in the packs are :-
- our Colouring pictures or Activity Sheets (for fundraising purposes only)
- Packet of balloons
- Bottle of bubbles
- Packet of chalks
- Packet of colouring pencils (preferably not crayons as they melt in warm cars and felt pens without lids are a leaking nightmare :muted: )
- Tennis ball
- Scissors & glue stick
- Small bag of collage papers, feathers, crafty bits
Maybe a list of game & activity ideas /suggestions from our ' Out in the car' article
For a slightly more expensive activity pack, items you could possibly include are...
- Small drinking water bottles,
- A bucket & spade,
- Magnifying glass & Bug catcher
- Baseball cap with your preschool/Nursery logo on,
- Small purse for Ice cream money.
Some odd 'Adult' survival suggestions are .....
- Keyring with contact mobile number on !
- Box of character plasters - for just in case !!
- Packet of travel wet wipes !
- Child's suncream
If anyone does do this... pop back and let us know how it went