These suggestions are for the Children to play and act out the bean's attributes !!
Include music where & when you want, play outside or in your playroom and make it as physical or relaxed as necessary
This is quite a long list, use as many or few as you want ..
The Bean Game
- wibbly wobble
- arms out to the side with slow and heavy movements
- stand with hands on hips and say 'o la la' - or call out Un, Deux,Trois
- jump up and down.
- we stand with arms out and head back .. soaking up the sun.
- Australian outback .. trek wearily across the hot ground ..
- running on spot.
- lying on floor flat out fanning self as if sunbathing.
- skating and slipping about.
- Let the Children choose which bean & action they all want to do !!
- hold an invisible pole and look up .. straining to see how high it is ..
4 Tins of beans
- is a verbal request to join up into that number of children in a group - Number of tins can vary !!
Join hands (or not ) in their tin group and call out bean names they can do in their group ..
- curled up bean .. growing up tall & 'sprouting
Been & Gone
lol a nice one to end the game !!
Mr Bean - Googled from You Tube
For older Children you could use:
Coffee bean - Stir a mug ..
Chilli bean - fan an open mouth as if the bean is hot hot hot ...
Bean Pod - Hold arms up and clasp hands together over their heads - puff cheeks out ..
- include the game and information in these additional topics..
Growing & Seeds
Green & Colours
Healthy eating - Fruit and Vegetables
Freeflow - Outdoor, physical, PE, music / circle time fun, Role Play bean 'zone. Counting tray & beans (include transfer tools like tongs and spoons & occasionaly show the children the movements associated with the beans they are transferring - wiggle jiggle actions for Jelly and more ..
even the very large magnetic jumping beans available can be a choking hazard to younger children - assess what may pose a risk and take any necessary precautions.
if you play any games that may have a knock on effect - include a printout of the game for parents to read about at home.