Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jo_B is on a distinguished road
Childminder Policies/Procedures

Hello

Im trying to get organised and need to sort out my policies & procedures,
Can any other Childminders help me out, do i need to write them from scratch, or can i down load any from the net???
What in particular will ofsted be looking for...
Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance Joanne

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

Hi Jo look on the Bromley Childminding associations website, they have loads of policies/procedures that you can download for free and adapt to suit your own needs, I based my policies on the national standards and the five outcomes for children which is what we are inspected on at the moment but make sure you include things like health and safety, emergency evacuation,child protection, lost child/uncollected child,confidentiality,complaints,medication and medical emergency,equal opportunities and special needs, hygiene,exclusion,behaviour management and working in partnership with parents/carers,babies and children under two settling in and how you meet the Birth to three matters framework. The National childminding association also have free policies to download Good luck!
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

Hi again! Do a risk assessment of your settings environment and resources also, and any activities that you do regularly and make sure all your parent/carer contact details are up to date and you have written consent for stuff and also that parents/carers sign and date policies to show that they've read and understood them especially the child protection ones and make sure you sign and date them too. My CCP tutor recommended we update at least one policy a month to save time, I haven't yet but am going to try too! Hope this helps!
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jo_B is on a distinguished road
ThankYou
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

They do have an extensive list of policies on BCA website I also know lots of groups put policies together under an 'umbrella policy title !!

If you get a titled list of policy/procedues that are good for you, I'd love to take a look
the cost of ad blockers