Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 12-14-2017, 09:04 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road
SOS Unit 311

Please can someone help. I have done all the unit apart form these last 3 questions.

4.2 produce holistic plans which incorporate creative and imaginative development

7.2 evaluate practice and activities that support creative and imaginative development of children

7.3 explain how to adapt practice to meet the individual needs of children when supporting creative and imaginative development please someone

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

canofbeans is on a distinguished road

Did you manage to find anything about this at all? i am also stuck and it is my final piece before being signed off!
Unread 01-04-2018, 08:51 AM

nope still have not finished it yet
Unread 10-14-2018, 02:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Tink_96 is on a distinguished road

has anyone done this? im really stuck
Unread 10-14-2018, 05:52 PM

I have finished the course and got my level 3 certificate. so I am putting up what I wrote I hope it helps. just make sure you adjust it according to your setting.

4.2 Is when your tutor comes and assesses you so make sure you do something with the children for creative and imaginative development.

7.1 reflect on ways of supporting children’s creative and imaginative development in relation to: a. practice & b. activities undertaken and provided.

Promoting creativity and creative learning includes providing opportunities for developing imagination and imaginative play, traditional creative arts, music, dance and movement, areas of learning such as mathematics, problem- solving and exploration and information and communication technology (ICT).

In my setting, we use many different ways of supporting children’s creative and imaginative development such as:

Providing children with a range of materials to help them represent their unique and individual perception of the world, which is unrestricted of adult ideas.

Valuing each child’s individual creativity and showing respect for their ideas.

Providing children with time, space and high- quality resources within and out of the setting.

Offering scaffolding* for children’s learning, giving them a secure structure to work within by demonstrating techniques and skills or initiating ideas.

(*Scaffolding basically means that the adult observes the children, recognises the stage of learning they are at and then provide support to help them to reach the next stage.)

Letting the child take the lead.

In my setting, we provide opportunities for children to develop their creativity and imaginative play learning, including opportunities to explore and experiment with a wide range of materials. We help them learn about the properties of materials, such as colour, shape, size and texture and develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination to manage materials. Also, develop problem- solving techniques, develop an understanding of the world and our personal contribution to it. Also, setting things up or getting dressed up, playing out or acting out the various roles and creating the story itself and continuing stories from one play session to the next.

7.2 evaluate practice and activities that support creative and imaginative development of children.

In my setting, we use many ways to support practice and activities that support the creative and imaginative development of children such as:

Sand play – the children spend a large amount of time playing with sand. They will use the sand in so many different ways, they will often refer to the sand as something else, for example, “It’s your ice cream,” or maybe "I am making lunch."

Wooden blocks – the children enjoy using the blocks to create many different structures, they will even use the large blocks to climb on. Block play can help develop children’s creativity, imagination and physical development.

Paint – We provide the children with a variety of different colours and different sizes brushes and let the children freely explore these resources. We would also add other resources such as paper, glue, glitter scissors etc, to let the children create whatever they like.

Water play – Water play is very much like sand play in my setting, children will use their imagination to find many different ways of using the water. We would often add other resources such as containers, plastic animals, dolls, etc. to water play to help extend the learning,

Cardboard boxes – All children love playing with cardboard boxes and use their imagination to create many things. For example, the children will refer to the box as being a spaceship and they are off to the moon, or they are driving in a car.

Playdough – There are so many ways children in which the children use playdough, they either use it on its own or with the other resources that we add to the playdough table, for example, pipe cleaners, feathers, lollipop sticks, cutters, plastic knives etc. By adding other resources, it allows children to develop their creativity further.

Igloo - we have built an igloo using plastic milk bottles, the children enjoyed helping build this. Now they play inside the igloo, sometimes it is a shop, restaurant, house, camp etc...

Dress up and toy kitchen area - We have provided children with telephones, toy and real cooking utensils, dishes, plastic food containers, and table napkins to let the children imagine they are in the real world. Also, with things such as stuffed animals, dolls of all sizes, fabric pieces, and blankets to encourage the children to create and use their imagination.

7.3 explain how to adapt practice to meet the individual needs of children when supporting creative and imaginative development

When we look at supporting the abilities of the children we may need to some additional input. In my setting, we do this by observing the children to see what they can or cannot do. Also, speaking to the family of the child, especially if the child has a particular need that needs to be considered in the planning of the activities. Seek further guidance from other practitioners within the setting (especially my manager) who may have had experience with certain abilities in the past. To support the learning of all children, we plan and set out activities for individual children and small groups, in order to meet the needs of all children. We always plan to meet the needs of both boys and girls, children with special educational needs, children with disabilities, children from all social, cultural and religious backgrounds, children of different ethnic groups and backgrounds. In order to meet children’s needs, and help all children make the best possible progress in creative and imaginative development, we always plan opportunities that build on and extend children’s knowledge, experiences, interests and skills and develop their self-esteem and confidence in their ability to learn. Maintain a supportive atmosphere in which all forms of creative and imaginative expressions are encouraged, accepted and valued. In my setting participation in any activity is always a choice and there is no wrong answer. We always plan a flexible environment that offers a sufficient range of materials, props, tools, and equipment for creative expression. Also, as some children’s concentration span is short, the duration of activities that call for a high degree of concentration, such as listening to stories or music, is kept as short as possible. Children are given enough time and resources to take part in various group learning and free choice activities.
Unread 10-14-2018, 05:53 PM

i hope this helps everyone who is stuck. As it took me a while to work it out as well.