Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 02-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

wotuseeiswotuget is on a distinguished road
Default just started stl 2

Hi All, I've joined this forum to get some advice on STLS L2 . We've just started this course in our college and my tutor has given us lots of tasks to do. She is also going to visit us in the school twice in the course. I'm actually worried. What is she going to assess me on? Any ideas? What preparation can I do? My tutor is assessing me for 45 mins in the school. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

StephL is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I was exactly the same when I started my course, worried about being assessed but it really isn't anything to worry or get worked up about. My assessor came in to observe me, probably 3 times for planned observations but she did 4 observations in total as she arrived early one day, so she did an unplanned observation on me while I finished off an activity.

The only planning you can do really is speak to the teacher at your setting and agree in advance an activity you can do while being observed. Make sure you understand what you need to do beforehand. I did a variety of activities, numeracy, literacy and an RE activity. Have a look through the Units and criteria beforehand so you know what sorts of things they are looking for. Engage with the children well while doing the activity all the sorts of things you do anyway on a normal day while the assessor isn't there. She will just be writing down what you are doing with the children, what you say to them and how they respond to you. Any incidents that happen while you do the activity etc...
Just act as you normally would, you will be surprised how much criteria gets ticked off during an observation just from doing what you would normally do if she wasn't there.

Good Luck
S
x
Unread 02-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

wotuseeiswotuget is on a distinguished road

Hi S,

Thank you for a quick reply. You put my mind to rest. Yes, I will try and get the class teacher to get me involved with an activity. You have given me a good input and it will help me to get myself plan and organise for the coming weeks.

Did you take any help from the teacher about the school policies to respond to emergencies? The policies of my school on their website is really very basic and general. Not sure if that general information about school policies will cover the criteria?

Thank you
A
xx