Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jo_B is on a distinguished road
Childminder help!

Hello
I recently registered as a childminder, i advertised myself with the "cis" and tried to leave my adverts in various places locally, but found it quite difficult as most places were not too keen
Because i live in the real world i took on a part time job at a local school to make ends meet, but its not what i want to do
Has anyone got any super tips to help get me on the childminders ladder??
I know i would be good if i could just get a chance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

The best I can suggest is 'to get out there' lol

Can you do the drinks at the local toddlers to meet & introduce yourself to parents?

I must admit to being surprised at the negative response Joshie got when she tried to do a flyer drop but saying that I recieved a business card through the door a few days ago from a local minder ,which I thought was a fab idea .. not sure if it was indescriminate drop (which could cost you lots of money !!) or hand picked knowing I had a youngster !
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Happy Times

When I started out I advertsied everywhere, doctors surgeries, church halls, went round tha local business park and left leaflets/advert for the staff room. Also I go to lots of toddler groups and leave my cards by where the parents sign in. I tell everyone I speak to that I am a CM and give them a card even if they don't have children they might know someone who does.

I put adverts through hundreds of doors which I did myself and probably lots went through irelavent letterboxes but am sure some must have got through.

Also put adverts in local shops. If your local schools don't do wraparound care then go and speak to them and make sure they have details to give to parents that ask. Our local CIS works with schools and supports us lots with this so it might be worht asking them as well.

GOod luck and I am sure you will be working soon. I too had to get some part time work before my childminding took off, I was doing Betterware and also got some creche work which I got childminding work from
Unread 02-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jo_B is on a distinguished road
Crossfingers

Thanks Guys for the good advice

I got a call last week from he 'cis' with a possible charge, not sure what happens now, i think the family will contact me direct, i know they get given several people to choose from, so fingers crossed i may get lucky im ready and waiting... I will let you know how i get on
Unread 02-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Muggy

Fingers crossed

Wishing you the best of luck.

Hopefully you'll get a flood of offers soon, and you will have a choice of which ones to take!!!!!

xxx