21st-27th April 2008
sees GARDEN ORGANIC
launch their national awareness campaign for a sensible approach to organic farming and gardening.
Please get in touch with organisers of this campaign to enquire about current activities
Where the year differs from the current - Please, confirm the dates of the campaign with the main official website.Our Dates for your Diary page will contain more uptodate information on a month to month basis.We do strive to keep on top of updating our campaign forum threads and apologise if you happen to come across one that needs attention !
The official website is home to a wealth of information including ways you can become involved in raising funds for educational resources.
From an awareness point of view ... we wanted to give you a few ideas on how you can help out .. by letting people know of the smaller everyday things they can do ..
A few ideas we have come up with to support this awareness is ...
This spring turn part of your outdoor play area into a mini allotment‚€¶
with lots of novel twists of course
Find the largest Welly you can!
- Drill a few holes through the sole (so that water can drain out!)
- Put a couple of large hand fulls of small pebbles into the bottom.
- Then a hanful of sand
- Then fill to about 1‚€Ě below the top of the welly with compost soil.
- Plant 3 or 4 pea seeds into the top.
- Place a small wooden trellis/ bean cane into the soil, so the shoots can wind themselves up and around it.
- Use the produce at snack time - make sure you remind the children that they are eating veg that they grew!!
Read the information on Organic gardening and print out a few pointers to give to your parents.
If your holding your own fundraiser - use their great advertising posters & printable stickers available on this page ~ Downloadable PDF resources
HOW TO - Fun and practical fact sheets
on a variety of green topics.
let us all know what you found useful!