Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sarah_J123 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS CYP 3.4 safety equipment

Hi all,

hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I'm stuck.
I'm a TA in year 2 and I've almost finished my Health and Safety module but I need to answer this:

What are the guidelines in your school's health and safety policy in regard to use of safety equipment?
And:
Write about some safety equipment you routinely use when supporting activities - explain when and where it is used and how it provides protection.

I've had difficulty trying to obtain my school's health and safety policy but have managed to muddle through.

Perhaps I'm just very dim but I honestly cannot think of ANY safety equipment that we use. My year group doesn't use the cookers in the cookery room yet so that's oven gloves out and we don't actually do enough practical science to warrant goggles.

Do any of you routinely use any safety equipment?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-13-2013, 02:27 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

technically you arent writing about your school the qualification is about any school so if youre at a school that is lax then make it up and write about best practice. use your imagination.
Unread 07-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, this is a list to see if any items apply

Road safety - reflective jackets, cycling helmets, trouser clips, bike lights/reflectors, bike shed
GYM - foam matting, anti slip flooring, harness, hats, safety rope or lines
Swimming - hair caps, arm bands, life jackets
Sport - shin, knee & elbow pads, helmets, mouth guards, face guard/grills, suitable footwear eg. walking boots
Stationary - round ended scissors, safety compass, anti-spill pots, floor coverings, aprons
First aid: resuscitation aids, mouth shields, disposable gloves, aprons, bandages or coverings that safeguard against infection
Gardening gloves, ear muffs / noise reducing ear bands, face mask, goggles
Storage trolleys that avoid heavy lifting - TV, music instruments, sports equipment?
Socket covers that need removing to use the plug?
Fire, radiator, window, stair guards, bannisters or rails that offer grip & support when mounting & descending?

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Sarah_J123 is on a distinguished road

Hello again ladies,

thank you so much for coming to my rescue. I shall indeed use a little imagination :-)

Foam mats in the gym! My gosh how did I overlook that?! Thank you. Several things on your list apply.

You've really lifted a weight from my shoulders!