Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 05-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Ford771 is on a distinguished road
Default Critically examine the indoor environment and explain how this space needs to work to be of maximum benefit to the child

Hi,

I have this question as part of my assignment and was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers or good websites to look at: Critically examine the indoor environment and explain how this space needs to work to be of maximum benefit to the children in the setting. I understand you have to have sleep areas, enough room to move around and make it welcoming, safe, secure etc. I'm stuck on what else I can write as it needs to be in depth judging by the question.

I have just explain the benefits of the outdoor environment.

Thanks in advance

charlene

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

misssparkles is on a distinguished road

Hi, you seem to be along the right lines, I think you should use your own setting as an example, and firstly describe how the space is used, e.g mark-making area, book corner, home corner, etc. I would link how the areas are used, which may seem obvious but will demonstrate that you know why the certain areas are needed, and if you can, link them to the EYFS, for example, the book area to help them promote their literacy skills. I would then add in how else I think the space could be utilised, for instance if you think there is an empty space that could be safely utilised, or if you think the room could benefit from less tables= more space to move around.
Then, I would write a statement on the effects of an enabling environment with lots of opportunities in a safe, secure and nurturing environment

Unread 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Ford771 is on a distinguished road

Brilliant thank you, the question is a bit brief, I didn't want to write something I shouldn't.

Charlene