Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

RSouthwood1 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Scmp 1 2.4/ 25. / 3.2

hi
2.4 Develop a plan with a child or young person and others to meet their needs with a focus on the achievement of positive outcomes.
2.5 Explain how to support a child or young person and others to understand and agree the goals, targets and outcomes of the plan.
3.2 Agree with a child, young person and others how goals and targets will be measured.

i feel like i am banging my head against a wall with these can anybody give me any advice as to what they did with this?

we dont useualy discuss the goals with the children as they are onl just 3?

please help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-31-2013, 02:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I know you say the children you care for are only 3 but have a think possibly about a child's behaviour? Do you talk through with that child about what they do and why, perhaps you talk through with them what is acceptable and not. This could be little things that all children do, such as run and not walk, snatch from others, or play with their food.
From this, as it is for study, see if you can get the parents involved, especially if it's reoccurring behaviour and draw up a plan. This plan does have to be an IEP (or whichever your setting follows) but something to show the action that has been agreed on. I had a child in my care once who struggled to share and not snatch toys without then getting angry and upset. I was able to speak through with their parents and together we thought of strategies to put in place to encourage sharing. This also helped with other children there as I was able to include them in the activities.

I'm sure you do this things on a daily basis, try to think of smaller goals if nothing major stands out. In the end the actions you do to encourage positive behaviour on a daily basis meets their needs and outcomes. The trickier part I find is to write it all up

Hope this helps
Unread 03-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Sorry couldn't find the edit button.

Just to add for 3.2, think about how to encourage a child, or teach them right from wrong. Do you tell them not to snatch from others and nothing else, or explain to them why we don't snatch. This helps the child learn the positive ways but you also ask them questions to make sure they understand. I guess this could help with agreeing on goals and how they are measured, relating back to the reward system you follow in your setting.