Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 03-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

freehugs is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with "PW 3.19 Work with colleagues in a playwork team"

Hi everyone!

I'm doing my NVQ 3 in playwork and getting though the missing criteria atm. But I am struggling with (PW 3.19 Work with colleagues in a playwork team). Most of the questions are about conflict, but in my setting we rarely seem to have conflict so I have very little experience with it. I have completed most but writing correctly what I mean is where I fall short . I am going to post the criteria I need help with and if anyone can offer support I will be extremely grateful!

6.1 Summarise the types of conflict which tend to happen in teams, and how to deal with these

6.3 Summarise the types of conflict which can be dealt with personally and types of conflict which must be referred to others

6.8 Summarise organisational procedures for dealing with conflict

1.3 Respect the wishes of parents, carers and families within the limitations of agreed procedures, values and children’s rights

1.6 Handle any issues or complaints from parents and carers tactfully and in accordance with organisational procedures

Thank you all!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, chapter 10, page 167 'working together' of the handbook preview has good reading - google preview, search for conflict or teamwork

The type of conflict that can happen in teams involves mis-communication & misunderstanding, and the conflict that exists between differing opinions & preferences.

To help examine this in practice can you consider times where your or colleague's ideas have conflicted with anothers so that it looks like an activity or event might not happen? Maybe where one feels the risk of injury or financial loss is too great yet another feels it is acceptable.

Other situations could be where time is consistently given by one colleague where another has less to commit - attending meetings, travelling, opening up, staying on, supervising.

Religion and lifestyles can cause conflict within a team where a tradtion, beleif or observance is overlooked or given greater value than anothers traditon, beleif or observance.

If venues are felt in any way to be inappropriate. If meals, snacks, treats or gifts are only suitable for one dietary group, if activities intentionally or unintentionally attract the attention/participation of one gender that causes a colleague to mention equality and indirect discrimination.

http://www.humansolutions.org.uk/man...poor-team-work

Cache playwork glossary, optional units and playlondon's resources

Bullying, harassement, pranks, threats and other types of abusive conflict need to be reported using the policies and procedures of the organisation. This ensures that individuals are protected against events where harm is likely/more likely to occur.

Each organisation will have their own way of dealing with conflict - who do you report concerns, complaints or greivances to and how are they then handled or managed? Can you ask for copies of the policies so you can use them for reference?

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

freehugs is on a distinguished road

Thank you :)
Unread 11-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lems82 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by freehugs View Post
Thank you :)