Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jakkig is on a distinguished road
Default shared understanding in playwork?

HELP NEEDED. doing level 3 playwork and stuck on this one, PW 3.20 4.8. i have got to explain what is meant by 'shared understanding' with the parents/carers and families and how to achieve this. any help greatly welcome.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

nicola828 is on a distinguished road
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakkig View Post
HELP NEEDED. doing level 3 playwork and stuck on this one, PW 3.20 4.8. i have got to explain what is meant by 'shared understanding' with the parents/carers and families and how to achieve this. any help greatly welcome.
I'm stuck on this one too
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

freehugs is on a distinguished road

Any one? :3
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have not done this unit, but for shared understanding is it not the partnership you have with the parents/carers of the children in your care?

For example, with any child you are caring for within a setting it is important to understand the child and their needs, often as many of the children are so young this information is passed on by the parents. Your shared understanding between the two parties can be the professional (you) taking into account the parents views and opinions on how the child is looked after - types of food provided, times they eat/sleep etc. But looking at the other side you can include your duty of care, for example, if the parents insists on allowing the child to have a dummy throughout the day, this then comes to you on providing the information that is for and against the use of dummies from a developmental/professional point of view. Also it could include the making sure everyone is aware of the roles each provides and that its consistent both at home and at setting.
How do you achieve this? Do you hold regular meetings - informal or formal? Records on the child with views from the parents/carers (daily journals, learning profiles?) Keep up a close yet professional relationship with the families so if there is a concern/problem it can easily be overcome?

Again i haven't done this unit so let me know if this is on the right track