Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 08-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

samantha1902 is on a distinguished road
Default 097 (CYPOP15) Arghh any help please?

Hi, this is my first post. I have used this site alot and it has helped me alot. Im on my last unit 097 - Support positive practise with children and young people with speech, langauge and communication needs.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks
sam

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-31-2012, 12:27 AM

ssreed is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am really stuck on this one too. Im on 1.3- Provide examples of how current research evidence supports positive practice, but cant seem to find any evidence, only strategies on positive practice. Please Help, have been stuck researching and getting nowhere for days, I just need a pointer in the right direction..........
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:20 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

for this i wrote about these:
  • EYFS
    Dame Claire Ticknell Report.
    communication becoming a prime area etc
  • IDP: supporting children with communication, language and communication needs
    IDP: Supporting children on the autism spectrum: Guidance for practitioners in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
    IDP: Supporting children with Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties: Guidance for practitioners in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
    How this helps the Practitioners and how it is used on courses that i attended
hope this helps to get you started

Lynne
Unread 09-04-2012, 12:40 AM

Thank you so much Lynne, I have used this site a lot to get on the right path; and it's often you who replies to help others :) You have certainly been a great help to me, thank you xx
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssreed View Post
Thank you so much Lynne, I have used this site a lot to get on the right path; and it's often you who replies to help others :) You have certainly been a great help to me, thank you xx
Hi

your very welcome. I know when you find things difficult you end up over thinking the question and when you get a little guidance then the question seems more easier (still hard but atleast you know you are on track). I had help from other silky step members so only think its right to help others so that this fantastic site continues.

Lynne
Unread 09-04-2012, 09:16 PM

Thats so true! I anaylze the question over and over and end up confusing myself even more! Thanks again :) xx
Unread 09-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

natasha is on a distinguished road

I really need help with this question I have read your conversation and I still dont get it on my last units and getting fustrated as can not do this question even with all the research what has it got to do with positive practice?????
Unread 09-30-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha View Post
I really need help with this question I have read your conversation and I still dont get it on my last units and getting fustrated as can not do this question even with all the research what has it got to do with positive practice?????
Hi Natasha, this is what i put and I have had it signed off......

Examples of positive practice;
• Get the childs attention first
• Adapting adult language and communication
• Make learning fun
• Using simple repetitive language
• Enhancing the environment
• Building on the things children and young people say to you
• Demonstrate rather than criticise
• Imitate the childs language
• Use all the sense to teach new words
• Give the child time to respond
• Don’t ask too many questions that could confuse them
• Use the full range of expressions
Communication is vital when working with children and young people. Positive practice involves the practitioner showing a genuine interest in what children and young people have to say; giving them time to speak, making them feel valued and that everything they say is important.
Communication is a key factor in childrens learning and development, it has now been made more of a priority over other areas of learning within the EYFS; Dame Claire Tickell’s report stated that communication should become a prime area “With the three new prime areas of learning, a greater emphasis on making sure children have the basic social, emotional communication and language skills they need to learn and thrive at school – things like being able to make friends and listen effectively. There should also be a stronger link between the EYFS and what is expected of children in KS1.” (http://www.education.gov.uk/children...y-slimmed-down )
England’s Communication Champion for children Jean Gross responded to the changes that Dame Claire Tickell recommends with regards to having communication as one of three prime areas of development “it will mean that any difficulties children may have in their language, social and emotional or physical development are picked up much earlier, and that agencies can work together to provide timely support.” (http://www.education.gov.uk/children...y-slimmed-down)
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM

samantha1902 is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your help, just been with my tutor today and she has taken this unit away from me and given me another. So all my hard work for nothing. But in the plus side im due to complete the course on the 18th october