Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

emmalouise is on a distinguished road
Default TDa 3.26

:jump:Understand the organisational policy and procedures for maintaining learner records.

1.2 Explain the organisational policy for maintaining learner records.
1.2 Explain own role in maintaining learner records and how this relates to the roles of others in the setting.
1.3 Explain with examples the difference between different types of information.
1.4 Explain the importance of:
Updating records on a regular basis
Checking the validity and reliability of information.
1.5 Describe with examples the sorts of information which may indicate potential problems with individual learners and what action to take in response of these.

these seems really easy questions to answer . . . . .but i struggle putting what i need to say in words on paper . . . .any ideas

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

emmalouise is on a distinguished road

any help guys????
really struggling at the min
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, this is all about how the children's learning records are managed and organised within your specific setting. Could you ask if there is a policy, procedure or specific practice that governs your school's record keeping?

Find out the type of information kept: eg attendance records, pupil's personal details - name/dob, general & emergency contact details, medical, SEN, financial, schemes of work or planning, reading records, target setting ..

What is your role in all of this information - do you undertake and share the findings of observations made formally or informally .. through the written/creative work of children, pre-planned observations, verbal information given by other colleagues, parents, carers and children themselves? What do you do with this infomration.

The validity and reliability of information provides an underpinning evidence of what the children are currently enjoying, doing well in, have accomplished and areas they may need support in. Children's development can be rapid, staggered, they may achieve goals competently, with ease or need time to perfect a skill before moving on. Having information on record that changes as the child changes ensures you can meet their most currrent needs and evidence what they're learning and understanding.

Are there contractual sole and shared duties that you've noticed between yourself and other colleagues - taking the register, individual child support, helping children select reading books ..

How do you share the information you gather through daily activities eg. meetings, at the end of lessons, as and when otherwise necessary and where does that information travel on from there ..

How are the learner records updated, new targets identified and set, how does your role in collecting information through monitoring and observing help to inform each child's learner record?

What information is kept and where - on paper, on a computer & software programme, who has access to the electronic data & where is paperwork stored. How easy is it to update or adjust records when the need arises.

If a child shows signs of not understanding what's being said or begins to falter in their confidence of asking, answering, joining in, what systems or programmes does your setting have that offers dedicated support, learning styles identified that help to plan for individual support.

Awareness of neglect, medical and learning history - tiredness, lack of sleep, hunger, loss of focus, dyslexia, concentration will prompt safeguarding, well-being & child protection procedures.

I hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

muppet38 is on a distinguished road

Hi can anyone advice on these questions please. :)

2.2 Check for completeness, relevance and validity
2.3 Raise concerns about the information with the relevant people
3.1 Return learner records promptly to the correct place after use.
3.2 Comply with organisational procedures for storage and security of learner records
3.3 Report actual or potential breached to the security of learner records to the appropriate person.
Unread 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to silkysteps, these could be statements that you might find in the procedures of a policy. They'd guide what you do in your setting to ensure you complied with best practice and can also guide what you write about for this criteria ... 'In my setting I am expected to check for completeness, relevance and validity of student/learner records by .....

Ask your workplace for copy of their policy regarding learner records so that you know how it impacts on your practice/what you do.

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 09-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

dionnespen is on a distinguished road
Default tda 3.6

I'm really stuck on tda 3.6
1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
Unread 09-17-2016, 12:48 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

dionnespen is on a distinguished road

can any one help?
Unread 07-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Michellebrown is on a distinguished road

Hi would anyone be able to guide me on this one. It's my last assignment and I can't get my head around it. As a TA I'm not sure I have been involved that much in the learner records??
Really confusing this one......�������� any help or advice would me much appreciated x