Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

helen429 is on a distinguished road
Default help with CYP 3.3 please struggling for months!

hi could anyone give me any info or direction for the question :

An explanation of child protection in the wider concept of safeguarding children and young people?'

been tearing my hair out at this one and just kept ignoring it and doing other assignments but can't afford the assignment for much longer!

thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-29-2012, 08:54 PM

cuffy2 is on a distinguished road

I've not tackled this one either, yet. But my tutor has suggested using the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child to help explain.
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

child protection is specifically about abuse but it comes under an umbrella term called safeguarding. safeguarding are ALL the things we do all the policies and procedures we have that keep children safe. so what is child protection and what is safeguarding how do they fit together. its nothing to do with CRC
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

spelky~brooks is on a distinguished road

Child protection is part of the wider work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering from any form of abuse or neglect. It also involves protecting children and young people from maltreatment and preventing impairment of a child’s health and development by ensuring children are raised in positive circumstances by providing safe and caring environments. Parents or carers who fail to protect or care for their children could then be taken to court and the child be then removed from the home and placed into care.
Wider forms of safeguarding also include; risk assessments such as providing a safe environment inside and outside a school setting. Adhering to school policies, procedures and legislation i.e. health and safety, fire drills and missing children.
Keeping up to date with training in safeguarding issues. Encouraging learning and development of children and young people.
Assessing observations to identify additional support needs a child or young person will need (CAF).

Unread 05-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

ppaz is on a distinguished road

I've been marked correct in this one, so hope it helps.

This is the beginnig of my answer and I've research in the LSCB Local Safeguarding Children Board site for their framework basic requirements, it is in the school safeguarding policy is well. I wrote about the Child Matters framework and the children Act 2004 and legal requirements, pointing out the agencies involved to safeguarding children and how they contribute with the recommendations.

"The term Child Protection has been replaced by Safeguarding children with the broader idea instead of protect the child from harm to prevent it to happen.
The Government has defined the term ‘safeguarding children’ as:
“The process of protecting children from abuse or neglect, preventing impairment of their health and development, and ensuring they are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care that enables children to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.”

:jump:

Last edited by ppaz : 05-30-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: believed need more explaining
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

charliechip is on a distinguished road

This unit has drove me crazy, seriously feel like i am constantly repeating myself, should have had it in at Christmas but ended up with both children poorly for 2 weeks in december and now I have been ill over christmas, I have seemed to be typing so much for this unit, I am feeling like it will never end :( on outcome 6 now understanding how to workl with children and young people to support their safety and have done half of the next assignment regarding health and safety feel again like a complete reproduction.....Fed and and can't wait till May untill I finish...(if I ever get past this unit that is)

Sorry rant over ha ha Hope everyone is being more productive than me and good luck for 2013 :)
Unread 01-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

mother theresa is on a distinguished road

you will get there i felt the same but have now handed in everything. Not sure about this assignment but if i felt myself repeating things i cross referenced them with just a short introduction
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

nikki_pip is on a distinguished road

I have basiclaly put what u guys have put and have had this question referred?? i am completely stuck thought i had it covered... any more ideas?
Unread 02-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki_pip View Post
I have basiclaly put what u guys have put and have had this question referred?? i am completely stuck thought i had it covered... any more ideas?
Hi welcome to silkysteps. If you use the search page and enter 'child protection in the wider concept' you'll find threads that might help identify areas not covered.

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:37 PM

aaronsmum is on a distinguished road

been asked to top up on 1.3 how procedures and guidelines affects day to day work with children and young people? im a childminder mentioned policies in place, CRB, Department of education, local authorities, health and safety child protection HELP ME !!! please