Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 05-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

duckegg is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Working together 1.4 overcoming different barriers?

Hi can anyone help me please, i have a worksheet for unit 029 - working together for the benefit of children and young people.

I have different barriers and i need to know how to overcome them:

Barriers are:

Different professional cultures
Respect others culture. Know cultural difference is diversity that enriches what you do.
Be able to identify and agree common goals.
Support and promote and actively encourage the service user's voice.

Lack of shared understanding
Know the aims and objectives so that working together is focussed on what needs to be done and different ideas can be shared and examined.
Work with an open and transparent

Different organisational structures and working practices
This is difficult but by being open, adaptable and flexible the aims and goals can be achieved or reached in different ways. Take time to find out a orgainsation's structure and working practices so that you know who, and how to contact appropriate individuals.

Professional status and professional pride
Professional status indicates a level of intellect or qualification that others can refer to when needed. By knowing your own professional responsibilities and working expectations individuals can contact the most suitable people.
Knowledge of and understanding of policies and procedures ensures the correct protocol is followed.
Recognise it is unprofessional to judge others and that it is in everyone's best interest to work together to better the outcome of service users.
Power and positions of trust - PCAW

Different professional priorities
Understand that different professionals will have different priorities as each will be working with unique situations and circumstances that need attention. Whilst this doesn't detract from the importance of external situations it is important to have the relevant infomation that helps re-prioritise actions.

Confidentiality
The data protection act exists to protect individual's personal information.
A policy and procedure will guide the way personal information is shared between organisations or agencies.
Refer to own policy for confidentiality.

Relationships between professional and service user - google search
Safeguarding young and vulnerable people means a duty of care guides the way relationships begin, develop and are sustained.
Professional propriety and behaviour - safe working practices

Disagreements on how to proceed
Examine what the disagreement is and the suggested ways to proceed.
Ask: How can we proceed so that the required outcome is achieved.
Be able to explain a setting's policy and procedure so that communication is effective and all sides know how everyone operates.
Recognise that one way of proceeding may not be the only way to proceed.

Budget
Explore the costs needed to accomplish a goal.
Consult a finance officer to explore funding options.

Reluctance to intervene
Professional confidence and self-esteem is something that supports a positive outcome. Early intervention might prevent further harm from happening or begin a process that helps service users and organisations work together.
When a setting's policies and procedures are followed they protect professionals and support interventions when appropriate.

Information not shared
Do you know why? .. Ineffective communication, sharing particular information that might not be appropriate or lawful: ICO definition
Using a recognised assessment form - CAF will ensure the coirrect information is collected and shared.

Poor communication skills
Identify who is struggling to communicate and what can be done to help.
Change the method of communication
eg: explain jargon, source translation, hearing and sight impairement services, source professional training.

RESEARCH:
Guidance for safe working practices for adults who work with children and young people 2009

sharing information to safeguard children and young people

Unit cyp3.3 safeguard the well-being of children and young people

Always ask yourself 'How would I be able to overcome these barriers when working with my colleagues, children and young people?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i have a abanging headache and i just cant think anymore, this course is soooooo hard.

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 04-01-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Links added for future readers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-27-2012, 08:06 PM

jellybrain is on a distinguished road

Hi

I've just started this too and I'm also struggling. Only half way through the course

I've only managed the first one
Different professional cultures - Be alert and sensitive to non-verbal or indirect communication. Do not assume things are the same. Study history and language of other cultures.

Not sure if that's ok though.

Have you managed any more?
Unread 07-08-2012, 03:52 PM

duckegg is on a distinguished road
Default unit 029 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybrain View Post
Hi

I've just started this too and I'm also struggling. Only half way through the course

I've only managed the first one
Different professional cultures - Be alert and sensitive to non-verbal or indirect communication. Do not assume things are the same. Study history and language of other cultures.

Not sure if that's ok though.

Have you managed any more?
Hi have you managed to complete anymore of this work, i have done 5 but now im stuck x
Unread 07-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Hi

I have managed to finish it but my tutor has had my file all week to sign of some units - unit 029 included.

I'm at college tomorrow night so I will try and get back on here on Tuesday afternoon and let you know how I got on!

x
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:19 PM

ok here we go - I'm assuming you done the first five this is just an outline of what I put hope it helps

Confidentiality - all parties follow principle of Data Protection Act
Relationships - work on communication and show support for all, do not criticise
Disagreements - Lead Professional to assist
Budget - can be addressed at local surestart
Poor communication skills - use of lead professional to co-ordinate
Reluctance - It is their duty to intervene to ensure Every Child Matters outcomes are met
Information not shared - use a recognised assessment such as CAF. Use of a lead professional

x
Unread 03-29-2014, 07:28 PM

ghada is on a distinguished road
Help SOS please help

Hi can anyone help me please, i have a worksheet for unit 029 - working together for the benefit of children and young people.

I have different barriers and i need to know how to overcome them:

Barriers are:

Different professional cultures
Lack of shared understanding
Different organisational structures and working practices
Professional status and professional pride
Different professional priorities
Confidentiality
Relationships between professional and service user
Disagreements on how to proceed
Budget
Reluctance to intervene