Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Online resource links to support the level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's revised early years foundation stage framework - 2014 Please visit and shop with amazon.co.uk to find suppliers for all creative and care needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to Silkysteps Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma & NVQ

Level 3 Diploma & NVQ Level 3 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development and Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Emotions and feelings activity

Old 12-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

susiecute is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp3.7 3.2 Explain Importance Of Positive Attitudes Towards Disability And Specific Requirements

Could someone help me please, trying to finish this one quickly, and if any
one has information on 2.4 how to support children and yp according to age, needs and abilities to make personnal choices and experiences that have a positive impact on their live.

Hope someone can help. Hope you all had a good Christmas.
Happy New Year. Susiecute
Old 12-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Hi Susie,
think about what the child needs for example you would not give the same choices to a child of 5 as you would to a child of 10, a child of 10 could cope with more complex experiences etc hope this gives you some help x
Old 07-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

kerensab91 is on a distinguished road

can anyone please give me some info on this question
im banging my head of a brick wall

Why are positive attitudes towards disability and specific requirements important
Old 07-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerensab91 View Post
can anyone please give me some info on this question
im banging my head of a brick wall

Why are positive attitudes towards disability and specific requirements important
Hi,
I'm not sure if you still need the help, but it's here anyway :)

Think about what would happen if you treated a child in a wheelchair different to someone who wasn't, would that be seen as positive or negative? Perhaps a child has diabetes, would you do a food tasting lesson with things they couldn't possibly eat, therefore they missed out on that activity? A good example to think about is the Olympics and Paralympics last year, not just one were celebrated but both.
By implementing positive attitudes towards disabilities and specific requirements we are not concentrating on what they cannot do but how we can help them achieve what they may lack in doing by themselves. By meeting their needs we are recognising and supporting them rather than singling out as special needs. In my setting, we have a child on the autistic spectrum, with other additional needs including intolerance to many food groups and lack of sensitivity in the jaw. We are aware of the provisions put in place to support him. For example, at snack time as he has certain food requirements, we ensure that they are met and he can sit with others whilst eating with supervision, without making him feel negative or excluding him from the activities other children do because of these requirements.
By doing this we are providing an inclusive setting and children with a disability or specific requirements are building up there confidence and supporting them in their development in which differs to others. This also helps teach other children see that no child is deserves to be treated differently because of their requirements.

hope this helps