Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 10-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Fulham Supporter is on a distinguished road
Help SOS SCH record progress in relation to personal development

I am working on SHC32 5.3 to finish this whole unit off ( have to say, found this harder than any of the others i have done ! )
The question is, show how to record progress in relation to personal development.

Does this mean I have to make up some kind of chart or does it mean by obtaing witness statements from my manager and deputy manager.

Any help or other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks to all X

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jmima is on a distinguished road

Hey! Not sure what to suggest, but our tutor gave us a personal development book, in which we have to get our boss/manager/work placement to highlight our stragths and weaknesses, tutor does the same, any extra training we have been on (ie: 1st aid, health & safety, food hygene etc) and other stuff like that.... You could create a similar thing for yourself?
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, each setting will differ in their staff appraisal system, along with this, a personal development plan will record progress and other relavent information.

These downloads are kind member contributions and may help with what you need ..

Staff and self appraisal

Self development plans or personal development plan

Training and development opportunities from book preview of the NVQ Level 3 candidate handbook

Quote from the Level 2 Hodderchapter SHC22
Quote:
page 1:
Personal development is not just to do with education or training and the development of
skills and interests. It is also about developing a better understanding of yourself, your values,
beliefs and experiences, and how they impact on your behaviour. It is about appreciating what
motivates you to learn so that you can achieve your full potential.
Ideas for training..
Safeguarding
Child protection
Planning for children's care, learning and development
Learning activities
Short course or workshop interests
Food hygiene
First aid
Regulations
Risk assessment
Child development - child behaviour
Undertaking observations
Playwork
Theoretical interests: schema, psycholudics
Parent partnerships
Multi-agency working
Professional leadership
Qualifications

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

charlotte.dawson is on a distinguished road

am working on SHC32 and really stuck on 5.1 - evaluate how learning activities have affected practice and 5.3 - show how to record progress in relation to personal development.
please can someone helppp??
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

mrsnoah is on a distinguished road

Hi - have you been on courses/training - what has the impact been on the way you work? How has the learning and research carried out to complete this course affected the way you work?
Do you keep copies of appraisals, performance feedback, etc., have you created a personal development plan showing areas for development, target date and outcomes? All of this is a record of progress - you can sow this paperwork and your development plan to your tutor.
Unread 09-17-2018, 02:22 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

AgaTurko is on a distinguished road

Hi, I too am on the same course and would like to share my findings with you.

I find that in and Early Years setting it is very important to participate in reflective practice and there are always ways in which we can improve especially when there are constantly changes in legislation and in the ways we should be working. Reflecting is an important part of our day to day working life because we can assess what has gone good and what can be improved.

I think that Kolb’s learning cycle is a very simple and easy cycle which is easy to follow and allows us to reflect on our work in a simple way. As there are only four sections of this cycle it is not too long. The first one being concrete experience. This means that we have to currently be experiencing something or in the past have had relevant experience. In the scenario of an early years setting this could be carrying out and activity with the children. The second stop is reflective observation, this is where we review or reflect on the experience. This is seeing which parts of the activities went well and worked out well and which could be improved on. The next step is abstract conceptualisation. This is where we conclude the observation and also think about what the experience has taught us. The final step is active experimentation where we plan and experiment with what we have learnt. This step could be carrying out the same activity again however doing it slightly different to see if the activity went better than before. This is then an ongoing cycle which then leads to concrete experience and so on and so forth.

I think this cycle is good as it allows us to think about the main points in a situations and allows us to think about ways in which we could improve. I find that this cycle is also good because once we try out our new ideas we can then evaluate and reflect on them to see if there is further improving which can be done in our work.

The other theoretical perspective on reflection in relation to professional development is Gibbs' reflective cycle. He adapted Kolb's cycle to produce a more structured approach which could be used after situations have arisen to help adults reflect on their responses. After a situation, which can either be positive or negative the adult is able to think about what happened and how they felt in this situation and evaluates it. They also analyse why the situation happened and what conclusions can be met from this situation. The final step of this process is an action plan being created.

The first steps of the cycle is the description of what happened. The next stage are the feelings that were involved and what was being thought at that given moment. The next stage is the evaluation - what was good or bad about the experience. Next is the analysis - what sense can you make of what happened. After that, is the conclusion - what can we conclude from this? The final step is the action plan - what are you going to do to change the way you work.

I think this cycle is a bit more details and allows us to reflect deeper about the situation and what can be improved. This cycle also allows to focus on ourselves as it encourages us to think about our own feelings and emotions that we felt at the given moment. This makes us more centred in the situation. Overall I prefer Kolb’s perspective because its more simple and easier to follow.